Urinary retention. Cathater alternatives?

I'm not sure about the AUS for urinary retention. That might make the problem worse. I have a mate who had brachytherapy for his prostate cancer which didn't unfortunately sort the problem. He then went on hormone therapy and found that difficult to deal with so he then had a salvage prostatectomy. The outcome was urinary incontinence but also urinary retention because of a stricture caused by the treatments. As a consequence he has to self catheterise each morning. He would like to consider the AUS for the incontinence problem but the stricture must be sorted first before that could even be a consideration. In addition he has had retraction to the extent that the external catheter solution is not an option for him so at present its self catherization for the retention and pads for the incontinence. I found it strange that he has both conditions simultaneously.

Do you research on AUS along with the SLING. I had the AUS implant a little over a year ago and I’m 100% pleased with it. I do everything I used to do before my prostate removal with no problems.

I had urinary retention prior to surgery and my doctor told me I had to self-cath so urine doesn't seep into the bladder. I was devastated at the time that I had to do this every day. However, my concerns were overblown. Insurance paid for the catheters. But I suggest you order a deposable, lubricated catheter with a cude tip (if you still have your prostate). The process was painless and took a few minutes. At the time, I watched what I drank and how much.