URGENT: Northshore Megamax needed ASAP

Archives1

Staff member
Hello all,

Having read the many reviews of diapers over the past 7+ years, I found the most positive comments were about the North Shore Megamax. Because I often have diarrhea anyway, plus my antibiotic given to me post-op will likely increase my diarrhea, but I will barely be able to walk, I have decided it would be a good idea to have a diaper that can handle fecal incontinence because I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

So my question for those of you in the know is how can I get some Northshore Megamax before my surgery on 12/27? I can pay extra for rush shipping if I need to.

Also, am I correct that a Northshore Megamax can handle fecal incontinence?

Thank you for your advice.

Northshore shipping is fast I bet they teach you in Time in USA.
Next, I’m not fecal IC but I’ve wore quite a few megamaxes and would say they give you best chance of full containment.

Snow I would buy a whole bunch of cheap type a bit on large size and plastic pants for containment and change more often
But that's just what I would do
Cram the center of thinner cheapos up close and personal to the under a
I tried mega max found them very bulky and thicker so not cozy to my under parts and so pee was falling a distance and leaking

I suggest calling north shore about specifically diarrhea under wear and trying a sample pack

We can ship out today and have expedited shipping available. 2-day air is likely the best option in this situation.

If just bowel issues, I'd suggest the lighter version MegaMax AirLock.

AirLock has the same super tall leak guards as original MegaMax, just not nearly as much bulk. It won't hold as much urine but that may not be the concern.

Another very popular option for heavier bowel issues is the DynaDry Supreme Liners.

They also have stand up leak guards. Sizes XL and 2XL have very tall leak guards similar to MegaMax. XL is really popular. 2XL would be more for heavy urine and bowel combined.

One great benefit of NorthShore products over most other brands is that we have designed our leak guards to stand up much further into the rear than anyone else. Most factories glue down the leak guards in the front and rear and only allow then to stand up in the center. Men appreciate the leak guards being more functional in the front and anyone with bowel issues appreciates them standing tall in the rear.

Good luck with everything! Please feel to reach out to our customer support with any questions. We're available 7 days a week.

@NorthShoreAdam Thank you so much for being a part of our team. I will call today, after my check-up at the hospital is complete. Is the package disguised? Also, which delivery service do you use?

snow said:
@NorthShoreAdam Thank you so much for being a part of our team. I will call today, after my check-up at the hospital is complete. Is the package disguised? Also, which delivery service do you use?

Yes, also boxes are unmarked. We use FedEx now. We are looking to add UPS as an option too in the near future.

Snow, yes, it is a very good diaper. And I have them too and use them when needed. But also I use as May said a reasonable price one with a snap type cloth diaper, then overpants. This has worked well. Bit more bulky but yea it works

I'm quadriplegic. And due to issues with chewing and swallowing (dysphagia) I need a feeding tube to get much of My medications & food. Unfortunately one of the worst side effects of the meds & liquid diet. Is frequent diarrhea. Which is no good. For somebody with complete double incontinence. We have never used the megamax briefs. At least I don't think we have. I have seen them talked about on another message board.

Snow we use several. Some are just the cheap disposable briefs. Not sure of the brand. Just use them around the house in My power chair. Or in My transfer chair to the shower. Often if I'm just laying or sitting in bed. I don't wear anything. I know TMI sorry. But its better for My skin to breath. Easier for My caregiver to reposition Me. I just lay on a large disposable bed pad. On top of a washable waterproof bed pad. My body leaks urine and occasional full bladder voids. And with My bowels I often just leak small amounts of liquid stool or wet gas. I don't have any control and intermintent feeling down there. Often I'm not aware of whats going on. If I wet or soil the bed pad. Ifs easier for My caregiver to just roll Me to the side and clean Me. And change the bed pad. Its easier on My skin. I don't want any issues with bed sores. So I have to be repositioned and turned a little throughout the day and night. I only have to wear the awful adult diaper briefs. If I'm up in My wheelchair. Or to get through the night. I don't often get out anymore. We use the better plastic backed overnight briefs when I'm out in My chair. The Tranquility ATN with a overnight booster pad. Or a large brief. With a extra large over that. That way if I get too wet or have a bowel event. The inner brief can just be removed. And I'm still in the other one. Good enough to get home and get cleaned up properly. Its hard to properly change a adult in a chair in public. Without a bed or lift. And I'm always on a disposable bed pad in My chair as well. Same as in the night. My husband gets up to reposition Me. And if the brief is really wet or worse. It can be easily changed. Seems like last few years. Since covid anyway. We get the Tranquility ATN briefs. I know We have got other premium overnight brands before. But not sure what they were. Its all delievred through a local home healthcare supply. That We have used for years. We get a lot of other supplies through them as well. Seems like unfortunately whatever brand You use. With complete loss of bladder and bowel. There will eventually be wet and messy leaks. Which is always a real downer. I hope Your surgery goes well and its not too bad. I hope You can get back on Your feet quickly. Merry Christmas.

Hey Snow. Just wanted to let you know you be on my mind this Wednesday. I am so thankfull for your sharing here. Wish I could help make all this more bearable and help hasten you to what I am certain will be a quick recovery.