Urge incontinence

Archives1

Staff member
For those that feel that sudden spasm and then feel the big leak, do you ever get used to knowing you are wetting yourself in public? I still get that freeze and panic feeling every time and I am sure people know.

I've gotten used to it but only because I have total confidence in my product. I wear full tape on diapers with a booster and plastic pants.

@3babiesin3years yes, I still get the 'will it absorb everything' feeling, even after 2 years of using tena tape ups.

I know that feeling oh so well.
I found a booster that works pretty well without being bulky from Northshore. They do a good job when that extra cup of water or two makes you wonder if you are going to stay dry. They have an adhesive strip so they stay in place really well inside a pull-up or brief.

Ugh!!!!! I tend to stop and freeze in my tracks too, I’m sure the look on my face is priceless🥴. I’ve gotten used to feeling the warmth but that heavy urge then the pain and then feeling that warm feeling is almost enough to get me to run and hide every time!!

I know the feeling!! I wear diapers most of the time anymore. For the most I feel when I'm needing to pee-just have trouble making it to the toilet with dry pants so I wear a diaper much of the time even though I do still try to use the toilet as much as possible. But there are some times when it just happens out of nowhere. No "gotta go pee" feeling, nothing until I start peeing. I hate that feeling worse than anything. Totally out of control is how it feels. And yeah, I tend to freeze and just stand there soaking my diaper. These episodes were what eventually forced me to wear a diaper. It just got too humiliating to just start wetting my pants out of nowhere.

My OAB sometimes leads to strong urges like you mention. If a big leak occurs, yes there is no getting used to how it feels and what others might think.

Actually I have been thinking about making a post about the topic to help me get a hold of my feelings. The idea being thst talking about it helps. If only i get the nerve to do it.

I'm used to it for the most part, but in certain social situations it still scares me.

I wear better dry and they're a miracle diaper for me. I think it's fit more than anything, but they NEVER leak for me during the day, only only rarely and small leaks at night.

I never push a diaper to its capacity though. I change every 4 hours or sooner if it's wet enough...2 large floods and that's it...otherwise it's a bunch of smaller floods over 4 hours and it's change time. High end premium diapers really don't leak unless you push them too far.

I’ve had nighttime problems almost all my life and have had to wear a diaper 24/7/365 for my urge incontinence for about 30 years. I know what you mean about the panicky feeling when you realize you’re wetting your diaper. However, disposable diapers have improved dramatically over the years to the point that I no longer fear my pants becoming visibly wet on the outside. So the panicky feeling when wetting has left me. The important thing is to wear a diaper that you can trust.