Unpredictable bladder.

Archives1

Staff member
Today I went out with 2 friends for coffee/donuts/a trip to the natural history museum.

I drank a water bottle of crystal light, a oat milk mocha, and a strawberry green bubble tea. And I have yet to pee today except for when I woke up. Normally after one drink I’ll have an accident but not today. Our bodies are weird.

@justej I hear that! I've given up trying to predict my bladder. I used to think it was just coffee that would go through me but sometimes water does as well. Other times I can drink a coffee and have some warning time.

I have found that electrolyte tablets have helped with my constant sensation of dehydration but they haven't helped with the incontinence. Been ages since I had physio/osteopathy and so my IBS is back with a vengeance. Booked an appointment on Saturday though at a new place which should be easier to get to.

Same here. I can have a mountain dew and 1 energy drink or 2 sodas and have less leaks than if I stick to just water. The logic of how things don't work the way they should is crazy and makes life more complicated.

Yes, sometimes it's really unpredictable - however from my experience I can say I've often been dehydrated when that happens. I also have my problems drinking enough, so I use an app to track my water intake. Sometimes I am lazy and forget and if I am unlucky everything gets out of balance. Then if I drink too much, I often wet myself yeasty and have problems for the rest of the day. If I drink too little, I usually stay dry, but I get headaches and tired and I have the feeling that I have to go to the toilet all the time without anything - or very little - coming.

To have the water balance under control is essential for me. Then there are still accidents, but the pad does not leak and I do not have the described problems.

Yes, I get you and have the same problem and sometimes I feel like I am lying when I am saying how bad my bladder is to people when it can be totally fine on other days. Is this part of overactive bladder syndrome?

I would guess more on neurogenic bladder but not sure. I know with certain conditions you are expected to stay away from caffeine due to its diuretic properties.

Also today, 1 can of soda is more leaks than with an energy drink. Logic!

@justej Soooooo true; I experience the same kinds of unpredictability.

I’m glad you had another adventure; how wonderful!