Trying Cloth...

Archives1

Staff member
So with me now having to wear 24/7 and the fact that adult diapers are not cheap. I have decided to go ahead and give cloth diapers a try, to help combat the financial aspects off needing to wear diapers. I am not going full cloth, just during the nights sense I am not always wet in the morning and when I am at home and around the house. I purchased mine from HappyEndings Eco, to which I've already had the opportunity to test them during the day and during the night. Overall they are good and work great, however I have already had an incident to were I had soaked through a pair thus wetting my office chair but I didn't find out until I got up. I don't blame the diaper but only myself for not putting enough inserts in. I am although still new to cloth so I need to tweak things to fit my incontinence. But I would say that I do find it hard to tell if I am wet or not I don't know if that just me or is that a cloth thing?

Bob...,
Likewise, I find it difficult to discern if I have leaked too much. But, here's something I hope you'll consider; I use a soft silicone external sleeve device that reduces my leakage to a pad per day, unless I hit golf balls or spend time working in the yard. Truth is, I've spent over two years developing it and now have it patent pending. It works well for my moderate level of incontinence, but now have volunteers testing it to tell us how well it works across the spectrum. We are looking for more volunteers (at no cost) to join our group. I have more info available if you are interested. (see my profile for a picture.) Best wishes, Duane dglisan@comcast.net

Have you guys ever thought about getting a referral from your doctor to get reimbursements for your diapers? You can get insurance through Medicaid and have Medicaid pay for them or get a referral from your doctor then get reimbursements through your local state agency like my state agency is department of workforce services.

I’m personally not eligible for Medicaid but I do use my HSA money for supply’s and have never been questioned on a purchase. I’ve gotten perceptions for bladder control meds before but not for anything absorbent to wear. Do they really prescribe that?

Thanks but it’s just my IC that’s an issue. I wouldn’t feel right asking for that at 45 yrs old lol

Ya I get that but I’ve got a good job and can afford my needs at this point and would rather those less fortunate get the help they need but thank you for the help

I am kinda with petejc here. I am only 23 so I don't feel comfortable going that route, and I have a pretty decent job that I can get what I need. Plus I shop discounts so I'm good with saving.