Trial study

Archives1

Staff member
This has nothing to do with incontinence, but FWIW, I am participating in a trial study to replace a bad vein valve in my leg. I have had bad vein valves in my legs for years. The valve is being inserted in my thigh. It comes from a specially raised pig. They have used "pig" parts for years in people with bad hearts. So far only about 75 people have participated in this study in the USA. The study has been going on about 2 years now with excellent results. The study is called Veno-valve. I have had ulcers on my ankles for years which don't heal properly, and this caused me to get sepsis about 2 years ago and also kidney failure. The surgery takes +or- 90 minutes with an overnight hospital stay. No cost to me as the study group pays most everything. I have a five year follow up commitment. This surgery will take place in about 2 weeks. The study is being done throughout THE USA. I am having mine done at UH in Cleveland Ohio USA. Will update when I can

I'm glad you up dated us knowing you are working valiantly with various health conditions. It seems to be true for many with incontinence.
Here's hoping for great success in the healing.
Sounds very promising!!

Godspeed as they say. New parts are good.
Best to you on the procedure and recovery.
Sounds like you’ll up and running quickly.