travel abroad

Archives1

Staff member
Does anyone have knowledge of incontinence pads available in Italy and France? It's pretty easy to get good pads in the UK at Boots pharmacies. But when I was in Paris a few years ago, I went to one pharmacy after another until I found, at the seventh one I visited, pads...but they were the very thin type, not very useful for me. Perhaps one has to go to the suburbs or to a big shopping center?

Soon I am going to Italy and I have no idea what is available there. I can't carry more than a week's supply in my suitcase!

When I was in Italy, and needed to replenish my supply of diapers, I found a pharmacy. I'm not sure what they are called there, but they are around. Look for a green sign in the shape of a cross...like the red cross symbol.

I found pull ups similar to Depends in Paris at a large grocery type store. Can't remember what they are called either but they were white.

Yes, Tenas are what I use normally. But I sure did not find them in Paris. Italy is the bigger question, as I'll be there longer.
Thanks for responses!

SoI guess off topic by one degree, but I recently posted asking about traveling and wearing protection. I was asking about flying and TSA and wearing protection. Response was to either put protection on after TSA security or wear going through but make sure it is dry. Since my issue is only with peeing when I sleep I took the chance and wore my adult pull ups under my boxers through TSA security and it was a breeze.

I was soooooo nervous going through TSA security, and it was the full body scan, but I entered the other side and was directed to my carry on coming through scan with no questions or issue. Flight home I wore again with no worries going through TSA.

Not sure if this helps, but thought I'd share my positive experience with TSA.