Tranquility

There would probably be an explanation on their website (Principle Business Enterprises) out of Dunbridge Ohio. I've heard of Tranquility of course but the name Smartcore is a new one. It sounds like it's something with an enhanced core for better absorbency. Those of you who ordinarily use Tranquility might do well to check it out and let us know what you think.

Tranquility has been out for many years. Originally was a top notch disposable, but in recent years has become a poor choice. Much better options out there. This is my opinion only.

artiejr, maybe the Tranquility folks are finally realizing what you think and have introduced the Smartcore concept to beef up their product in an attempt to get back the quality they had originally. Is anyone going to take a chance and order something with Smnartcore to see if Principle Business Enterprises is back on the right track?

I have used quite a few and while the capacity is OK (certainly not in the Premium class) the tapes are TERRIBLE!! Sure, they stick just fine to the front when you tape up, but where they are attached to the back wing they will often come completely off the diaper! And that's just trying to open them up from their as-made position. Hey, I know about this problem and really try to go easy with the tapes, and they still come off way too often.
BTW... I'm pretty sure the "Smartcore" name is just a marketing tool, nothing really new and in my opinion they're not even as good as their ATN's.

As with any manufacturer, production costs have to be kept to a minimum, which means products are of lesser quality.

You're right! I also think "Smartcore" is a marketing tool and the Tranquility people want to drum up new business as well as retain their current customer base. After all that's what the marketing people make the big bucks for! But I think tapes can be a big pain. That in itself would encourage me to look elsewhere for my supplies. Although I use the pull-on variety I would, if I were you, check other companies and ask their reps point-blank how well their tapes hold up. And just explain what type of problems they are causing. From what I've read in this forum in the couple of weeks I've been on it, I think a company like North Shore would be a great place to start. Others such as Carewell and HDIS, ParentGiving and a couple of places on the west coast can also help. And most of those places will send you samples.

Amen to that, ArtieJr! And ain't that the truth! Just have to find a product you truly like and hope it stays in production for a long time.

Isn't it just that they're cloth backed instead of plastic?
I went through a bag of them a year or so ago and don't remember that they were unusual. Maybe a little less squishy than the regular atn's?