Tips for managing Intermittent Self-Catheterisation as a student

Archives1

Staff member
I'm not really sure of the age range on this forum, but I'm hoping someone can give some advice. I'm a high schooler (17, Male) and have been struggling with bladder issues for a bit before it rapidly got worse to the point where I can't void.After much testing I've been diagnosed with a neurogenic under active bladder and have to self Catheterise many times a day.

Do any of you have tips and tricks in general but more specifically schooling related?

And do you know of any other support groups for young adults like myself in this position? I do have another autoimmune disease but it feels nowhere near as public as this. I often struggle with leaking etc too.

Any advice is much appreciated - it can be a challenging journey to go on as a teenager in highschool.

There is a very helpful Facebook group that has 2700 members from many parts of the world and a variety of ages that can be a great resource. Has helped me. It is the intermittent catheterization support group on Facebook. Check it out. Very supportive with people that must do this. Wishing you all the best.