This seems to be happening lately

Archives1

Staff member
Just a coincidence or my condition is getting to be moreso. Has it ever happened to you? I'm at work and my underwear just hit capacity. it is time for a change. Can't wait any more. So I take my little bag of supplies or just a new pad if possible and go to the men's room. I clean up put on the new pullups and pad and go to wash my hands. Before I'm even finished washing, I'm peeing again. Today it was significantly more than other times. Today I just said f88k it and went back to work. It just means I'll have to change again sooner than later. I suppose that shows the benefit of Wearing the high capacity underwear, but two things I take into consideration - I hate being bundled up that way and the lighter duty pullups work much better for the fecal part of this disease. And that would also be more of a waste. I guess this is life.

Sounds like you waste a lot of money on changes. Pull ups are worthless. Get a decent tap on diaper like dry 24/7 or better dry. You’ll have to change one time at the most at work.

I don't find pullups to be worthless at all. I prefer them in fact. I do have occasional leaks but I manage. I find one a day diapers a big waste when it involves fecal. And I never have fecal leaks with my pullups. But have had several messes with heavyweight abena and wellness. and, I absolutely hate being bundled up. as it is with my thin pullups I go to the men's room every hour and a half to pull my pants down and cool off. Being contained in plastic and padding even if breathable, drives me crazy. I think I would jump out a window if I wore heavy-duty diaps all day.

But this post was about the heartbreak of peeing in my pants right after the ordeal of changing to fresh protection. Heavyweight or light, if it happens it's still heartbreak. I guess it hasn't happened to you.

Yeah, it happens to me that way as well. Thankfully, it's not all the time. I wonder if you might have a bit of an infection, or perhaps a bug of some kind.

I did think that too. But several days ago I had just completed 10 days of an antibiotic for a tooth situation. Also, in general, I've noticed my incontinences seem to happen more suddenly

You could try keeping of journal of what you eat and drink and what time you had them then also keep track of when your voiding occurs. There are a lot of foods and drinks that irritate the bladder and you may be sensitive to them. If you track it then you could possibly find the correlation and make changes from there. You may even be able to find print outs of the journal that has spaces that you just fill in.

Spaz said:
Sounds like you waste a lot of money on changes. Pull ups are worthless
Been thinking a lot about this. So I've been wondering how much I should be spending per day on protection and how much you spend on protection. I've been spending 93¢ to $1.43 a day on a pull-up and 1 to 3 pads. Occasionally I need 2 pull-ups so 64¢ more rarely. Keep in mind that I have also have fecal to deal with and have had disastrous results with heavy duty briefs for that. That may be my inexperience but I have found a way to keep my 1 pull-up a day clean by lining it with a couple large wipes for the rear so I just remove it and don't need to change. Spending less money would be good though. It's just the bulk that would drive me crazy. How do you adjust to all the padding and layers?

I have severe urge urinary incontinence and must wear a diaper 24/7. My urine loss is too great to rely on pull-ups. My two favourite brands of disposable tape-on diapers are ConfiDry 24/7 and BetterDry. I buy them from a place called Healthwick in Oakville, Ontario and pay in Canadian dollars. I usually use 3 of these high-capacity diapers in 24 hours, which costs roughly $7 a day. These products keep my pants and bed dry! I average about 3 or 4 significant leaks a year, usually in bed after a night of heavy beer drinking. If you bought these same products in the U.S. and paid in U.S. dollars, your cost would probably be about $5 a day.