This just isn’t fair

Archives1

Staff member
The MegaMax I wore leaked all over my underwear and shorts after 2 wettings. The supreme I wore to bed leaked all over my comforter.
Why in the hell cant I find a diaper that doesn’t leak?!?!?! Why can everyone else with this stupid problem get protection that actually WORKS. AAAAAAAAAH

/end pissed off vent

Glad you can vent. It is frustrating finding what works. I find the same item doesn't always work. It can be demoralizing but I just keep at it for now. Best of luck in finding a solution.

It takes time and patience to find what works best. Sometimes one thing will work, then later it won't. I had this problem, but thru trial and error, I found a viable solution which works 99% of the time. Cutting back on fluids helped me a little, but not entirely. Good luck on finding a solution.

hey man,
I sampled many many many diaper until I found one that worked. Then the manufacturer stopped making that product for one with 'cloth like outer' and I was done with that. That material always seeps urine on me for some reason, right through to my pants. And the lack of odour protection leaves much to be desired when it comes to bowel incontinence.
Now, I found a new plastic backed diaper made out of France called the ID-Slip made by ID-expert.com... check it out you may be able to find a supplier in the USA. I'm in Canada so it may be available here only I don't know... just like I can't get Northshore delivered here without paying through the NOSE for shipping etc.
You have to keep moving forward brother... the only easy day was yesterday... so put it behind you and keep moving ahead.

Take care man... you got this. Shit man you made it this far, don't let a crappy (pardon the pun) quality diaper ruin you... it don't mean nothin...

Jay
aka
canadianbaby

I just don't get the price of shipping to and from Canada. Used to travel the Yellowhead to Prince Rupert, the roads up from Seattle. Could stock up on Canadian goods. You just needed to declare it; most didn't have a import/export duties at Customs. People would try to smuggle a bottle of booze when it was pennies to declare it. We sailed into Rupert a couple times a week, so dealt with passengers who blew it all the time.
Canadians came down to from Vancouver area to Bellingham, Washington, to the big malls, went home with an RV worth of things. No problems at border, deep into the 90s. Sp what's with
Don't ever try to take a newborn over into Canada. You'll be accused of smuggling babies if you don't have birth certificate (official, which takes weeks to get), Social Security card (On a newborn?!?), Vaccination/health certificates (on a new born?!?).
You can drive from the US to Canada, buy Insulin over the counter for pennies, compared to cost in the US as a Prescription Only, go home. It's exactly the same. Now US Custioms want to confiscate it as a dangerous not-properly-inspected/supervised drug????
So what Politician has a hair crosswise over diapers? Stupid.

I’m sorry, justej. My diapers usually work when I sleep but sometimes they don’t. I feel your frustration.

Sorry to hear that EJ,
Really frustrating to think you have something working great then it doesn’t for whatever reason.
Maybe you can reach out to Adam see what he can suggest?

Hi justej, I've had instances where things have worked great for a while and then they didn't Sometimes they could have changed the way they make your favorite product and then suddenly you have something that came in the same package as always but then it just didn't measure up. Yes they sometimes change manufacturing processes or use a cheaper material (hate when that happens). Do call the 800-number on the package and see if their customer service will confess to a different manufacturing process. Making incontinence supplies is a business like any other, and they have to make money but also have to watch the costs of their materials to keep the bean-counters happy! Or then again maybe your output is different. It can happen, depending on the season, your stress levels, what you drink, etc., etc. So many variables. Sort of like blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc. Those are always changing from day to day and urine output is no different. I'd buy that product one more time and if it doesn't work out then talk to your trusted supplier for something different. Been there, done that, believe me!

I used attends when they first came out. Worked great then, but somehow they became less absorbent over the years. That's why I switched to cloth diapers. Lifestyles emporium had a super absorbent cloth diaper called the thirsty one, but discontinued making that particular one. Switched to fetware.com. they have a fantastic cloth, overnight pull-on diaper with great absorbency.

I think that canadianbaby may have been referring to the website id-direct.com. I tried id-expert and all I gift were sites for I'd protection and theft protection companies. In my trial and error I came up with this id-diret.com site which is for an incontinence diaper site. Please correct me if incorrect. Thanks first the information Canadianbaby I will contact these people tomorrow.

I used to use the ID diapers and they were excellent, then all of a sudden couldn’t get them anywhere. I switched to Northshore after that. This was about 3 years ago in the States...

Justej, where are these leaks occurring? One criticism I've heard of the MegaMax is that the lower tape is fairly high, and some people find that it's hard to get a good seat around the leg. I know of a couple of people who've used Betterdry in that situation and had good success. (I use MegaMax, and they rarely leak for me, but I also rarely have more than one void in them. I also have huge thighs from years of bicycling, so I find they fit me better than Betterdry. YMMV.)

It's also possible that a different size may fit better. You might try reaching out to Northshore to see if they'll sample you a couple of MegaMax and a couple of Supreme in a different size. They are very generous with their samples, which is one of the things I like about Northshore.

EJ,

Total frustration, feel for you. I went through something similar but not as dramatic as your situation when trying to find a product form my bedwetting when I travel that was descreet but worked. I first tried the reusable route with very limited success. My big issue was that since I infrequently bedwet testing a product took time before I'd have a wet night.

We are here for you buddy.

I don't think there is anything better than cloth diapers for bed wetting. I have worn them for years with PUL pants by Gary and almost never have a leak.

I also use Prevail Stretch Overnight diapers for daytime use and haven't had a leak with them either.

Good luck to you! We all know how frustrating this can be!

So I found out through @Itapilot that xp medical now sells betterdry in xl!!!
I have a sample coming to me and if they do ok I’ll be switching to them next month. So excited not to have prints and have something work (I’m currently using crinklz). Trying not to get my hopes up but this is promising.