The state of Incontinence products in 2024

Archives1

Staff member
Well, A lot is out of stock in large and most companies are saying that it will be the end of March before restocking.

I am an always be prepared type of person but it is impossible to prepare for that long of a product drought.

I started looking into different products that were in stock but the cost was more so I had to adjust my budget for them. That sucks because I live so close to broke already.

I know that a lot is going on in the world but man would it be great to have an American company like ComfyDry back right now and not have to worry about world issues affecting shipping.

yes I see a lot of posts with different items out of stock and it seems there have been some changes in quality among different products I know Abena has changed their tapes and I am worried about Abena possibly losing the plastic backing I believe Abena has changed the packaging in some areas and are cloth backed I haven't seen any with the new packaging yet and thank goodness they are still plastic backed but for how long?

I know the feeling. I changed off of Northshore megamax for awhile. Started using only the Attends premier diapers. Now I have a bit more income again I tried to go back to the megamax but it seems like they don't hold up as well anymore. Like the capacity is there, but they leak easier it seems. I have found and started using the NRU from an company that caters to the fetish community called tykables. They are solid white just like the mega max. They hold just as much, and don't seem to leak as easily. Only problem for most people is they are basically the same price as the megamax which is too much for alot of people dealing with incontinence. It's mind-boggling how expensive a decent medically necessary product is, and yet most insurance companies won't help cover any but the worst quality products.

I for one don't care if the diaper has printed on them even. Except that, my luck would be ending up in the ER with a printed diaper on. I have been there and done that. Luck they didn't need to look in that area.

I have not spent much time looking into what is available on the market because I had what worked for me at an okay price.

Now that is not the case.

I have been trying the Beyond 5000 diapers and they are okay but I don't think they will be my go-to unless I cannot find something else.

I have a love-hate relationship with the Velcro tabs on them for disposal but do love being able to strip them off and then put them back on.

ThatFLGuy said:
I for one don't care if the diaper has printed on them even. Except that, my luck would be ending up in the ER with a printed diaper on. I have been there and done that. Luck they didn't need to look in that area.

I have not spent much time looking into what is available on the market because I had what worked for me at an okay price.

Now that is not the case.

I have been trying the Beyond 5000 diapers and they are okay but I don't think they will be my go-to unless I cannot find something else.

I have a love-hate relationship with the Velcro tabs on them for disposal but do love being able to strip them off and then put them back on.

I agree I don't care if it's plain or printed as long as it fits and works I do draw the line at pink I DON'T DO PINK

Will admit that when Confidry exited the market, a large hole was left. They had a perfect fit despite some of the QC issues. I miss them.

I won

@DPCARE - I can't speak to the decline in quality of the brand you are talking about or any of the other brands mentioned. I think that we probably all would agree that everything that we buy anymore is of poorer quality than it used to be. Alot of packaged foods taste different than they used to, because of changes in ingredients to save money. At the very least "shrinkage" is built in as a constant now. Less product for the same price, if not more. Levi jeans are not Levi jeans anymore. - if some of the guys have noticed leaking problems in their IC products, quality has declined there too. - Draconic is right. It's truly amazing how expensive it is just to get something decent - not even great - that is medically necessary. - Pam

Well, the big thing that I will say is that adult diapers are not regulated by the government like baby products are in most cases. This means that quality is all up to the company.

If a company made the best adult diaper ever, with all the stuff that has been advanced within the baby market; That diaper would be $4 to $8 each.

But if they just updated a bit then we could see some of those advancements with no cost added.

I get that when talking about this even at $2 each the stuff I use is out of others' price range, I do. But we are also talking about different situations among us and different needs.

There are a lot of days where I just stay home because having to deal with my bowels is a lot better here at home than risking dealing while out.

Leaks should rarely happen but they do because, in the case of the products I am using, They are made over in Europe, not regulated at all by the U.S.A. and they for the most part are not considered medical products.

What is crazy to me is that big companies like Pampers, Huggies, and such already have the technology and stuff to help people like us out but they don't/didn't care about the statistics that by 2030 more adults will be in diapers than babies here in the U.S. so...

I have noticed the same in recent months. My usual go tos seem to regularly be out of stock on size large. Yes the rising costs are making it harder to keep a supply at home. I

@JoeAK

A lot of supply issues have to do with where the diapers are made. So much going on overseas affecting supply here in the U.S.

Sucks.

I have used many different diapers but finally settled on Tranquility ATN,s for the day and Better Dry for the night. The ATN,s have a good price for the quality they have and I use the better Dry at night because I need more absorbency. This meets my price and need,l get the tranquility large ATN for less than $1 apiece and better dry for about 1.65. I have used Mega max but this is more absorbent than I need and beyond my budget. You can get other things for less but they do not work for me. There is a big push for pull up style but they do not work for me, it is easier for me to change a diaper when I go out and I have less leaks. If I am going to wear something then I want it to work and keep my clothes dry. I do have cloth diapers and will use them if I get short on disposables.
I have purchased Crinklz, especially when Better dry is not available. I do not mind prints if I am near home. I have had trouble getting Better Dry but have never had trouble getting ATNs on line.
As far as getting diapers at stores I have found most stores carry pull up style diapers and have been dropping the briefs. Pampers cruisers are now pull up style diapers and as babies start training they go to pull ups and older boys and girls use pull ups such as good nights.
The adult marketing is geared to depends/pull up style and make them like underwear rather than diapers. This made me change to a depends when I went to the Dermatologist. Advertising pull ups and not brief style diapers make people think the pull ups are like real underwear and not like brief diapers.

I think what we all should do is take the time and explain the problems to the companies in email form and hope they use the information to improve on there product. The ones that don't care to listen to us users, well then stop using there product. If they are willing to change, then there willing to take our money.

ThatFLGuy said:
Well, the big thing that I will say is that adult diapers are not regulated by the government like baby products are in most cases. This means that quality is all up to the company.

If a company made the best adult diaper ever, with all the stuff that has been advanced within the baby market; That diaper would be $4 to $8 each.

But if they just updated a bit then we could see some of those advancements with no cost added.

I get that when talking about this even at $2 each the stuff I use is out of others' price range, I do. But we are also talking about different situations among us and different needs.

There are a lot of days where I just stay home because having to deal with my bowels is a lot better here at home than risking dealing while out.

Leaks should rarely happen but they do because, in the case of the products I am using, They are made over in Europe, not regulated at all by the U.S.A. and they for the most part are not considered medical products.

What is crazy to me is that big companies like Pampers, Huggies, and such already have the technology and stuff to help people like us out but they don't/didn't care about the statistics that by 2030 more adults will be in diapers than babies here in the U.S. so...

The AB/DL community is already paying 4-8 dollars per diaper and as lo ng as people are willing to pay that they will keep charging that

@JWT

I use to have a keyboard hotkey that allowed me to send thousands of emails every few minutes-I got in trouble when I was a kid for using it against a Florida Senator. I sent the Senator so many emails they sent someone to my high school to meet with me. Got several people in one county fired over it. (It had to do with my accommodations at the High school I left for a new one)

I do still know how to program that hotkey.

Back then that was a good way to get your point seen. Today with unlimited email boxes it is a drop in the ocean to email.

Calls are about the only way to get them to hear us.