Testicles/scrotum tenderness

Archives1

Staff member
I am 1 month after surgery. I have noticed that my testicles or scrotum is very tender. When I shower each morning, I have to be very gentle due to being so tender. I am currently on day 6 of a 7 day antibiotic for a UTI I got from the catheter. Lower abdomen is tender as well. Has anyone else experienced this? My urine flow is strong. Still have slight burning during urination. Is this something I should contact my surgeon about?
Thanks,
Dan

The abdomen tenderness should be almost gone. The burning is because the Urethra is still a little inflamed. As for scrotum ask Dr.

I’m 6 weeks post surgery this Thursday. Mine were very tender too but this has improved much over the past week and not really bothering me any longer.
Plus I burn a bit still but not always. Seems to be getting better.

It may be post-surgery pain, but it's worth checking out. I'm not a doctor, but I had this sensation after a UTI and let it go. That led to epididymitis and orchitis. You can look those up to see if you think your pain is similar.

Fleemoore,
Had an emergency appointment with my surgeon. You were correct that I have epididymitis/orchids. Starting a new antibiotic today.
Dan

Fleemoore,
I probably wouldn't have got this if my doctor had prescribed levofloxacin to begin with. He prescribed an antibiotic to only treat the UTI. And you are correct sir, definately uncomfortable to say the least!
Thanks for your input!
Dan

@Bookmdanno, Dan,

This forum is a great place to share and I am glad you were able to see your doctor as quickly as you did. Continued best wishes to you.