Testicle pain

Archives1

Staff member
I am two and a half months since my procectomy and I'm glad to say my incontinence is almost over.. but last night I noticed a dull pain in my left testicle that would come and go almost in waves. It is not real painful but bothersome and was wondering if anybody had experienced this and what they did about it.. I took two Tylenol this morning but it's still lingering around

Definitely get it checked ASAP. I had a dull pain and it turned out to be cancer and it had to be removed. It is possible it is twisted or there could be an infection as well.
Hopefully it is nothing at all other than some pain, but be safe and get to an uro quickly.

Agree with wetdad's comments that you should get it checked ASAP to be sure it is not testicular cancer. Had a nephew that had something like this with some associated swelling in the area and did not do anything due to being young and the personal nature of this. About a year later, he had swelling in the shoulder area which was cancer that was initiated by the testicular cancer. He died about a year after that as the cancer had migrated to other areas as well. They indicated that early detection could have prevented the spread of cancer.

@rd0077 i agree with the others about getting it checked. About a month after prostate surgery I got sepsis due to an infection in a testicle. I would have happily had it removed as the pain got so bad. But the wonders of antibiotics and morpheine got me through it.

I had testicle pain on my right side 4 months after going incontinent. I dealt with it for three days till I started urinating blood. Off to the hospital I went. It was a UTI. They actually put me in the ICU because I had sepsis that set in. They gave me antibiotics for two days then home with more antibiotics.I never had any typical symptoms of a UTI till the pain in the testicle showed up. So get to your doctor quickly. It was a very painful three days for me. Good Luck to you.