tens therapy at home

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone used a Tens unit for there incontinence? I have been reading on the internet, and it seems interesting, although there ate many units and many different prices. Feedback would-be helpful.
Thanks ⁹b7

I had my doctor order a unit, at the suggestion of my physical therapist, to help me "learn" more about the muscles that make up the pelvic floor. I used it several times a week, for a couple of months, and it WAS helpful, but now I just do my Kegels on my own.

If you're having trouble "locating" the right muscles to exercise it will help you do that. If you have a handle on that issue then I don't think you'll get any more improvement from the TENS unit than you'll get from doing the Kegels on your own.

Thanks for the feedback. Since I have come from 6 pullups a day to 2 now, and the 2nd one is very light, I'm on my way not needing a tens.im 4 1/2 months post surgery.

I am using the K-Fit kegel toner. I mainly use program P08 which runs for 25 minutes and has different hertz programmed (basically the hertz affects how deep the electrical wave goes into the surrounding area.) I have been using it since Dec 20, 2021 - 3 months. I use it every other night.

Older post

I just received my K-Fit Toner this morning and used it for the first time. I ordered mine from Amazon for the fast delivery. I ordered the couple because it came with the man and woman plug for just $10 more. From looking up the SensaTone, it use something like the woman plug for the man. I included a link for the K-Fit user guide so you can read about the programs - also it is easier to read the pdf on a computer than the small font booklet.

Look at this thread to see where Kegel machine / toner for Men

So you can read from the maker website.

Scroll down on the below page to see the "User Guide" button in purple.

I ordered from Amazon

Other forum threads

I have a Pathway STM-10. The manufacturer is The Prometheus Group and their US phone number is 800-442-2325. Mine was ordered by my Urologist from Current Medical Technologies, Inc (CMT)