Tedbor

Archives1

Staff member
Be grateful for advive.Following turp procedurevsome 4 weeks ago, I have revently found it necessary to wear invontinence pads.Does this situation last for long or any suggestions?

Hi @Tedbor, I haven't seen your name here before so you're probably new here! Welcome to the forum and you'll find this is a good place to go for questions or just to comment or let off steam!!
Recovery from a procedure such as what you had is not a "one size fits all" type of deal. Everybody recovers at different rates from anybody else who has had the same thing done. It's best to talk to your doctor for any concerns you may have about how quickly (or slowly) you're recovering and what you can do to possibly speed the process along.
I can say however, that mild exercise such as taking a good walk every day, does help. With that you begin to feel better in general and builds up your stamina. If you can get in shape doing that then it will help your overall recovery.
As for how far to walk, do ask your doctor but maybe you can start off by walking a mile (or whatever you're comfortable with) and then each week gradually add to that. I like the philosophy of doing a bit more each day than you did the day before. So that's something to try.
Please stop in whenever you want as we're open 24/7/365! Hope you continue to have a quick and uneventful recovery!

Billliveshere is correct. Each body is different in how and when it heals. I had 65% of my prostate removed back on March 4, 2021. I am still incontinent. I have had two blockages of my urethra that caused me to have to visit the ER. I wear pads every day in case I have to go unexpectedly. Hope this answer gives you one 71 years-old perspective.

Do the walking Billliveshere suggests and check with your urologist if anything seems out of sorts.