Talking to friends about incontienence

Archives1

Staff member
I have a friend who I knew dealt with bladder issues and she knows of mine. I went over to another friends house today for a small cookout and she was there. I don’t know how we got on the subject but she said “did you know (enter some percentage here) of adults wear adult diapers?” And she went on to say she wears the heaviest pad possible when she’s out for awhile. I confided that wear diapers and then we talked about catheters. It was nice to talk to someone who gets it. Even though she doesn’t wear diapers she knows the trials of incontienence. I had an uneventful day. My MegaMax held with no issues. Grateful

Its always nice to meet others who are in the same boat, and also very nice to sort of end the stigma. I can't speak for other countries but in the US its still considered taboo if you are under a certain age *I get weird looks when I buy heavy Poise or Tena pads* but at the same time, I have learned not to care. Having friends can really help end the stigma if your incontinence is newfound.

I have a friend who underwent Green Light laser Surgery about three months before me. He and I have had wonderful email conversations about his progress and mine. It has been invaluable to me. Those who have dealt with urinary (or other incontinence issues) have empathy for others who deal with it. Other folks don't really have a way to understand it unless they are unusually understanding. I'm grateful that you're grateful for your friend.