Tabbed Diapers

Archives1

Staff member
So as I've previously mentioned I'm completely paranoid about my upcoming colonoscopy due to previous shall we say "blowouts".

I usually wear pull ups as they work just fine for me and are easier to put on. For the colonoscopy though I think I need to go with something tabbed as they're supposed to work better for number two.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I am fat. I'm having trouble finding a tabbed product to fit, or at least I'm having issues putting them on by myself. The North Shore Mega Max, didn't fit, I'm trying the Abena XLs now, they fit better, but when I get them on they're too loose and I know that won't work.

So any tips for putting them on by yourself?

@Squander I hold the diaper against a wall using my bum. I do the bottom tapes as tight as I can, then pull the whole thing up as high as I can before doing the top tapes as tight as I can. I find that it helps if the bottom tapes slope a bit upwards and the top tapes slope a bit downwards. I find that after a while, my belly pushes the front down a bit. A sign that I am overweight? Cheers Phil

I do what Phil does, either back up to the wall or my bed and tape the bottom tapes, then do the top ones.

@physlink @PBJ32 Thanks that's a great idea. I want to be cmfortable with this before I really need it.

I'm on number two, so to speak and the second one is much better. I modified the advice a bit and used my massive nelly to hold it up while I adjusted the tabs and that helped. I think I'm going to wear these for a week to get good at wearing them so I'll be ready for the colonoscopy.

I haven't even tried to use the doubler yet or the special poop pads I got as well.

I will get through this one or another. I know I'm stressing out too much about this, but last time it was really shitty, excuse my french and the pun.

I wear tabbed diapers exclusively and with my day time diapers I hold it up by squeezing my thighs together then taping the top tabs as tight as I can then leave the bottom ones a bit loose so the diaper doesn’t rub or chafe. It does take some time to figure out how each brand fits but I like them better than the pull ups, it seems they move less than pull ups.

Try holding it in place and make a note of where to lay the brief flat and tape the tapes. Then put them on.
I agree it’s much nicer if the flaps actually have a little more length so they can be adjusted easier the first time.

pullups do not offer the protection as a tabbed Diaper I have tried pullups and had nothing but problems so it is nothing but plastic back tabbed diapers for me

While I agree with DPCARE, generally speaking a tape on diaper is usually more absorbent. I have had great luck with the Abena abriflex pull-ups. I usually wear regular diapers but at work where I’m very physically active, the abriflex is a way better option for me. It’s the only place I wear pull-ups as they are usually much more money for less protection, but if you must wear a pull-up, consider the Abena abriflex.