Swimming

Archives1

Staff member
I found nothing with a search in the forum so with spring upon us and swimming a big part of what we do (we live on a large lake in SW Missouri) in the summer I am wondering what, if anything, people use with swimsuits. I am 10+ months after robotic prostate removal and down to using just one small shield a day so I'm pretty close to dry with some small squirts and dribbles still happening. I could try just not using a pad with my swimsuit - we swim in a large lake so a little leakage is no big deal and then put one in after getting out of the water. I'm fine with just my wife around but I'm not crazy about doing that in front of others. I guess I could leave the pad in my swimsuit and hope it will stop any leakage after drying out after getting out of the water. Anyone have any experience with this?

Speaking only for myself, if you have progressed to a single pad/day and just an occasional dribble I’d opt for a set of swim trunks with a good liner (not spandex or form fitting)and enjoy the water and beach time. If you have any concerns just wrap a towel around your waist when out of the water.

there are both disposable and reusable swim diaper options available just bear in mind most swim diapers are intended to contain fecal leakage and do very little for urinary leakage

ShellKnobCat said:
I found nothing with a search in the forum so with spring upon us and swimming a big part of what we do (we live on a large lake in SW Missouri) in the summer I am wondering what, if anything, people use with swimsuits. I am 10+ months after robotic prostate removal and down to using just one small shield a day so I'm pretty close to dry with some small squirts and dribbles still happening. I could try just not using a pad with my swimsuit - we swim in a large lake so a little leakage is no big deal and then put one in after getting out of the water. I'm fine with just my wife around but I'm not crazy about doing that in front of others. I guess I could leave the pad in my swimsuit and hope it will stop any leakage after drying out after getting out of the water. Anyone have any experience with this?
51601cb0e5ca3f7534d40d5928d7f674.jpg
f72e551d319ea86c6fed04d4bd9e1e84.jpg

This came up once and ex pool life guards and others said go without protection it is not going to be any worse than the stuff in tbe water.
Possibility go fix a shield in boxer style trunks if lounging around lakeside or pool with others as discreetly as you would go off to a porta potty or to pee in tbe woods. Carry in a backpack and co cell folded in hand or towel
More importantly. Have fun a lake swim is wonderful

if you're looking for a reusable option here's one

ShellKnobCat said:
2791ae919658200a62766ea08158b99b.jpg

here is another reusable option https://www.mypoolpal.com/store/Reusable-Swim-Diaper---Royal-Blue-(Adult)/49

ShellKnobCat said:
f8fb0bf21632b89f57bbde7b14507feb.png

It's nice to see someone with enough respect for ohters to be concerned about there issue, take it up with your doctor and see what he/she says, they would be someone in the know of whats going on in your case. Thank You for your foresight, There are few of us remaining that are not "Children"...

Hi there,
As my screen name would suggest, I spend a good bit of time on the water, both in the boat and on jet skis. Never have worn anything but the bathing suit. I'm usually in and out of the water and wet to moist all day. In the event of an accident, just hop in the water and rinse off. In the boat I'll sit on a towel should there be a leak while underway. In the evening it goes in the wash.

The lake is truly my worry free place. Everyone has wet clothes at the lake and no one notices. Good luck and enjoy the water!

Gkudisch said:
There are a lot of fish that pee in the water. They don't use a pad. LoL

and I imagine that fish pee every nano second. they are in the water all the time, after all
lol

@ShellKnobCat, honestly if you’re down it drips and small dribbles I would just wear a pair of speedos/ dick togs/ swimming trunks under board shorts. When I have had issues with post micturition dribble, that set up has been enough to avoid embarrassment. I’ve also previously swam with a shield in my speedos which stayed in place because they were tight enough to keep it in place. It wasn’t noticeably swollen when saturated, either. Honestly, if you’ve already been in the water and have a visible accident, people would probably just assume your speedos are still, that you got splashed or that you spilled something on yourself. Try not to overthink it and enjoy yourself.

Swimming season is over here at Table Rock Lake and I can report that I had no problems at all with wearing just my swim trunks. I just made sure I hopped in the water whenever I felt the slightest pee urge so I never did more than a little dribble in my trunks which never showed. And this was with my usual amount of beer drinking which of course is a requirement while boating