Swim wear for urine incontinence

Archives1

Staff member
Hi, im wanting to begin swimming again but can't just wear my normal swimsuit alone anymore. Any recommendations/links for suitable garment to contain me urine incontinence in the pool? Im UK based. Many thanks.

There is a wide variety of swim diapers available both disposable and reusable but most swim diapers are designed to contain fecal accidents some may have a small amount of absorbency for the time before you enter the water but you don't want a fully absorbent diaper so you don't absorb half the pool

I would imagine the volume of urine expelled and how often if is a known event would be part of one's concern.
If it is a very small amount or unexpected dribble it should be alright in a bathing suit a chlorinated pool which is chemically treated for such events as urine.

I have a pair of nice trunks from Kes-Vir! They basically have a pair of PUL waterproof pants inside where the mesh lining would be in other trunks.

It is a UK company I think so it should be easy to find a vendor, maybe even one nearby so you can try different sizes before you buy, but from my experience the fit is true to other similar swim trunks.

There is no built-in absorbency, so you may want to add a disposable pad if you are out of the water for a long time, and they are not really designed to keep urine from getting into the water while you're swimming, so you may want to combine with other strategies to minimize leakage if you are going to be swimming in a pool.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you only have uranry incontinence. Pools know people pee in the water. And they have chemicals in it. To nutralize it.

I use a clamp with a normal bathing suit and it works just fine. Empty your bladder before applying the clamp and then empty your bladder by going to the bathroom every 30 to 45 minutes during swim time.

I recently purchased a reusable adult swim diaper from Keifer (https://www.kiefer.com/kiefer-adult-swim-diaper.html) that was pretty inexpensive and works well for me. It goes on under your current bathing suit and allows me to get in the water without any noticeable leak. Similar to comments above, there is some built-in absorbency,enough to allow access to water without any noticeable leak. As Blake indicated, if out of the water for a period of time, one could also insert a pad for additional protection. Size chart on the Keifer site was accurate for me as well. It is easily washable, similar to washing out your normal bathing suit.

Here’s an interesting link that somewhat relates.