Sugar is the devil, a reminder

Archives1

Staff member
so holidays bring cookies and candy snd baked goods. I now am reminded that sugar causes massive day leaking and over active bladder so im on my 4th pair of pants as all the pads in the world aren't stopping this train. (Normally i have nocturia only)
Im also taking left over antibiotics and drinking lots of water which is my go to fix(no lectures about unfinished antibiotics please).

IF YOU DO ONE THING TO MANAGE INCONTINENCE STOP EATING SUGAR FOODS. My mantra now, youll hear it again.

Oh wow, I just started a round of antibiotics
My first try. Hopefully it will help. I had not heard of taking antibiotics since I do not have an infection.
As for sugar, hmm reducing that could benefit me in many "weighs"

MayMay: Awww. We made pumpkin pie without the crust, and with a sugar substitute, and it was actually good. But then there is the whipped cream....
One of our friends makes chocolate pieces, all decorated up, and gave us a small box. Yikes! My middle name is Chocoholic.
Another friend made mashed potatoes with Yukon Golds. Carbs just become sugar, darn it! They were good, though.

My dad sent me fudge. I ate a piece and gave it to a friend. My fat ass doesn’t need a tin full of fudge!

I am very sad that in all my years of living, I haven't outgrown my sweet tooth and love of carbs. And I am diabetic. I have a lot of health problems, and I get worn out taking care of myself. But then I feel grateful that there are treatments that didn't used to exist, and they are helping me to stay alive.

Maymay, how are you doing in your new house?

Wow, I didn't know that sugar is a problem when dealing with incontinence. Is this a commonly accepted fact?

I try to stay away from the sweets a bit but this year I have indulged much more, so I will need to tighten that up but, there is still to much of it in the house! Normally I have a cookie in the afternoon with a cup of coffee, and weekends I have a dish of ice cream.

My wife has been using a sweetner called, "Monkfruit" instead of sugar, for a couple of years. I can't tell the difference. It's nice to have sweet things once in awhile! Enjoying life....

I had no idea that sugar exacerbates incontinence issues. Fortunately, I don't overdo it in that department although caffeine is a crutch I can't shake. I have found though that coffee causes more issues than other caffeinated drinks for me; too much coffee will inevitably cause a flood and cause my IBS issues to flare up.

Chuckl1 know it is a pre diabetic no no. I also know I ate alot of pure candy 3 days in a row and it turns on me to be out of control day which is not my nornal as well as night
If you googlevarious words about incontinence and food to avoid caffieine and sugar top the list

Boasammy I've been living with my daughter to help her get a handle on single motherhood of ahigh strung child and a demanding career for several years.before that i sold my home and business to go help my mother who supposedly was going blind and had cancer, a year or less to live. I lived small with a few heirlooms with me. Ten years later I moved to a tiny bedroom at my daughter's with my new found incontinence probably the result of a fall which damaged my spine and hip. I was so embarrassed to be peeing all night and being in a small shared home but they were so gracious about the amount of laundry and supplies I needed it showed me true patient love and a path to self acceptance along with the good folks here putting up with my embarrassment and self anger. Finally a beautiful little townhouse in her community opened up for sale and she and my son worked with me to purchase and set it up.
I'm relearning how tidy and clean i like to live now that I'm not navigating other people and unhousetrained pets and a child tossing things around.
I rediscovered my jewelry and make up last night and have been delighting in peace and quiet and organized living. So peeing uncontrollably after 3 days of skipping meals and eating candy is a lesson I need to learn, I have nocturnal incontinence but I dont need to cause more trouble deliberately when I know triggers!
Thank you for asking Boasammy!

Hi MayMay941 -You just gave me new information. I stay away from most caffeine and am not much of a sugar eater, but I do like my frequent chocolate. I did not know that too much sugar makes incontinence worse. That does explain some "events." Thanks for the info.

I guess we gave to track our own response to sugar and decide if its worth it Rita. Devil or the deep blue sea.,.
I'm with you i love me sone chocolate but to lose my day urinary continence too?
Well I'm a proud strong woman...except when I'm not!

(In my best Obi-Wan Kenob voice to burning Anakin Skywalke on Mustafa)
Anakin, sugar is evil!"
"From my point of view, people who don't eat sugar are evil!"
"Well, then, you are lost!