Strange vacation from My body

Archives1

Staff member
I went on vacation with a new cheap waterproof matress cover and top pads a roll of plastic garbage bags for discreet disposal.
Did not have night incontinence for 4 days although ive traveled by plane before. FOUR BLISSFUL NIGHTS ON A SOFA WITH NO INCONTINENCE
I highly recommend taking trash bags for disposal of stuff, also can be cut open for extra matress protector and even OVER diapers as insurance against leaks as a home made diaper cover.
First night back home peed like a race horse all night long.

No and the dry spell started the night before i flew.
My experience of napping on a sofa is i dont pee im on my back and immobile. But i started nocturnal incontinence on a sofa same immobility.

I think it has to do with overall muscle tension

@Maymay941 you could be right about muscle tension. I certainly leak more in some positions than in others. Standing still or in a reclining chair are the worst for me. lying still on my back or sitting upright at a table are the best.

Its the only thing i can think as my dry spell started the night before i trabelled and i was rigidly awake on the sofa on my back. In bed it doesn't seem to matter what position when i am falling asleep i feel that muscle area relax and conciously tighten when i prepare to rise in the morning.
I ate and drank normally on trip and was at same sea level elevation 2 hours from here. A trip to high rlevation in Denver aco did not stop nocturia so rule out the air pressure or oxygen

@Maymay941 Sometimes I'd like to take a vacation from my body too! Congrats though, it must have been nice. I think sometimes our subconscious minds pitch in when we really need it.

I was wary and grateful as i did not expect this and dont trust my body or subconscious to be so kind. First time in many years????!!

Hi Maymay,
Glad you got a break on your vacation. Sorry you had trouble when you got home. Was a nice treat for your vacation time though.
Hope it was amazing 🙂

The funnyiest thing was the hotel pwner looked at my big duffel bag and said, you should travel LIGHT.
I did travel light but the matress protector and diapers and pads took alot of room in the suitcase and it was out of courtesy to the establishment!

That was nice of you. I wear diapers in hotels but don't bring a.matress protector. I've leaked a bit but never had a problem with management. They usually have several layers of padding, and I suspect they deal with wet beds on a semi regular basis. Glad you were dry.

It certainly was a SURPRISE i have not had a break from nightly incontinence since it started about 6 years ago.
So truly it made my vacation, every other pleasure aside.

And thats the odd thing, which makes this forum a blessing. No one i know who is not incontinent can understand why it was the highlight of my vacation but YOU all!

May. I hear you. Not sure what initiates dry spells but there are times when I will have 5 or 6 in a row. The prob is after morning urination I leak heavily 20 to 30 mins after. Honestly I prefer to wake up wet and empty. Otherwise every night is a wet one. Luckily my issues are so minor during the day as to be mostly negligible. Then too much coffee makes things interesting.

Any way,it is great to have a place to share.

God bless

I have never had one dry spell since my incontinence started until this incident.
I was jammed into an immobile pose on a sofa on my back. My theory is it didnt sllow my general muscle system to relax, my neck was practically frozen and i could feel the tiightness in my bladder as i struggled to regain vertical.