Soymilk

Archives1

Staff member
Have had trouble processing regular milk, and trying soymilk, read alot of press on it, good and bad. My Dr. actually recommended me to try. So I have, and must say I really enjoy the flavor and its actually creamy,my cramping is a bit better. Wondering if others have tried or using?

I use soymilk because of my lactose issues. I like the taste of it. Haven't found it has had any impact on my OAB or getting up every 2 hours at night.

I am slightly lactose intolerant so I was forced to seek other non-dairy milks. I have tried soy milk and it tastes ok, but I prefer almond milk. My doctor told me to be cautious because you don’t get the same nutritional benefits as regular milk. Most non-dairy milks don’t give you the necessary calcium and potassium as regular milk. I take nutritional supplements to make up the difference. I haven’t recognized any difference in my bladder control with any non-dairy products compared to dairy milk. Good luck finding a product that works best for you. Be sure you read the nutritional labels to get what you need. Take care bud.

Soy milk can also help support your cardiovascular system. Soy milk is an excellent source of potassium, whether or not it has been fortified. Potassium is deeply connected to maintaining lower blood pressure and a regular pulse. Furthermore, soy milk has been linked to lower cholesterol levels, especially in people who have high cholesterol.

Above are quotes from what I have read.

Thanks for the information it may really help others, especially those with cardiovascular problems. Silk soy milk is a great product and it tastes good too. I just prefer almond milk. The non-dairy products out now are generally very good. Like I said read the nutritional values. Sounds like you decided on a great product. Good luck.