Solar Eclipse

Archives1

Staff member
We were in the totality path. Had a number of friends over. I surprised myself with this photo.

The clouds parted about 2 hours before. No rain, a dry day and so was I.

28044c7b80462aee763f00c4be8239e0.jpg

@artiejr we are neighbors, I am from Cleveland area too!

Thanks everyone for responding.

It was a great weekend for northeast Ohio, besides the totality of the eclipse. Cleveland hosted the Women’s college basketball Final 4 with record TV audience for all 3 games, and Guardian’s opened with a win today.

I got some decently good pictures of the Eclipse after driving up to Illinois from Nashville to see the total eclipse. Was actually happy I had on a diaper for once since i didn't want to stop anywhere with the way traffic was.

09c7351e4696d67f5f4e8a18f33a432d.jpg
18b092bca220aafbf6726138a5a4bfa8.jpg

@Draconic: great pics!

Artiejr: Summit County, northern, so we easily go either Cleveland or Akron. You are closer to wine country however!

I was within a couple of weeks of a trifecta of taking as good as any photo that you have seen only to screw myself all by myself

Yes, Dallas did experience totality during the solar eclipse yesterday123. The eclipse occurred on April 8, 20244. Despite overcast skies and clouds covering much of the North Texas sky less than 30 minutes before the Moon was expected to totally eclipse the Sun, by about 1:40pm — as many parts of Dallas-Fort Worth experienced totality — the clouds had cleared3. Spectacular photos of the total solar eclipse over North Texas were captured2. This was a significant event as Texas won’t be in the path of totality for a total solar eclipse again until 20453.
Copilot
Yes, the Dallas Arboretum was indeed a great place to experience the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024. The moon completely obscured the sun for nearly 4.5 minutes during the event1. This celestial event, known as the Great American Eclipse, was viewable from the Dallas Arboretum1. They had a stellar lineup of partners and activities to make it an unforgettable experience1. However, please note that the experience of "perfect" can be subjective and may vary from person to person.

Congrats to all who saw the eclipse. Those were some great Pics and glad all people were glad you got out and about. I was driving here in W. Michigan for a Rental Car Co., and it was just a weird type of yellow glow. (I know not a good description, but I cannot think of another description.)