Socal Security Medicaid

Archives1

Staff member
I trying to get social security disability and having a hard time with it. But I do have someone helping me with it. My question is can you still get Medicaid if you are on social security disability??? I live in New York. Because that's one way I get my diapers. I geust I would have to buy them out of pocket and I don't know if I can do that.

Don't give up. Social Security had a policy of denying disability the first time around. They go caught at it - the memo leaked. Back in the 90s, i think, and might still. Aetna Insurance even had a pamphlet, because the employers they represented (like the State of Alaska) didn't have to pay state disability, any more, after Social Security started paying. Or only make up the difference, maybe.
So as soon as Social Security denied you, Aetna sent you the pamphlet explaining how to fight Social Security. Not sure they named the lawyers to go to, but they gave you what amounted to instructions.
Worked, too. Not sure if this is still the case. Surely it must be in the old files of news organizations, though. Hopefully, that person helping you is good.
It's been awhile since i was involved - i had the pamphlet and handed out copies. Oddly enough, Aetna didn't seem to appreciate me. The employer, either. Oh well.
hang in there.

You might still get medicaid while on SSD. Depends on your income level. They also have a program where you pay a small amount for medicaid while working a part time job. Look up income levels for your states guidelines.

I am on SSDI I get both Medicaid and Medicare and Medicare is my primary insurance my diapers are covered by Medicaid

I am working on getting ssdi but Ben denied and I am appealing it. I do have Medicaid now but if I get SSDI will I still keep my Medicaid or do I get Medicare??? I do live in New York, Albany area. I do have a server incontince where I have to wear diapers 24/7, and have alot of other issues to. Some of them are anxiety restless leg mingarn eplispy are just few of them. I just wish I could get the diapers that I want through Medicaid.i can't they only allow you to get a suber abusortent diapers.

Im trying my damndest to get medicaid to cover abenas. Im going through my home health aide company at the moment but its not looking goid

I've been trying to get help getting Medicaid and Disability but it's impossible. I don't have any health coverage so I go to a clinic but doctor refuses to diagnose anything and you can't get disability without cooperation from a doctor.

Where I live in texas it is virtually impossible to get Medicaid or Disability.
In texas if you get approved for disability then you automatically qualify for Medicaid but not the other way around and texas doesn't like people getting Medicaid because it's funded by the state and they know if someone gets access to healthcare then they improve their chance of getting disability and in turn Medicaid coverage as well so texas intentionally restricts access to Medicaid to the poor (the very class of people they claim to help). I have tried 5 times to get Medicaid and been denied 5 times. In texas you can only get Medicaid if you are a female between 18 - 45 or pregnant (at any age) or you have to already be receiving Disability then its automatic. It's a game that the winners and losers have already been decided.

No access to health coverage more than likely means no doctor. No doctor means no documentation. No documentation means no disability and the state of texas knows it and that's how texas screws the disabled but SPECIFICALLY THE POOR DISABLED WHO DO NOT HAVE A SUPPORT SYSTEM NOR ANY ASSISTANCE OF ANY FORM FROM ANY ORGANIZATIONS. I know because I have been denied Medicaid 5 times.

The state of texas claims Medicaid is for low income people but that is classic propaganda. Everytime I applied and was denied my income was BELOW the federal poverty guidelines and I had zero assets.

Sorry for getting on a soapbox marathon but it's because it's a very sore spot for me. Any suggestions from anyone that I haven't already tried would be appreciated more than you could know. God bless.

I have been denied for SSI and SSDI, because I make just over $1200.00 a month and I have talked to a lawyer and he said to call social security up and get a idea of how much I am over. That's how New York is for disability. The lawyer said try to reaply for SSDI and go from there. That's where I am at now.

Medicaid and diapers. When it comes to getting Diapers through Medicaid it depends on what State you live in. As for me I am in New York so I don't have a great choice for diapers. As for other States I hear you can get the diapers you want, but if you where getting a certain name brand of diapers you may not get them anymore.you might have to go with a lesser brand of diapers. It could be any number of reasons why you can't get diapers that you like. Most likely is Medicaid.

The best I can get are tranquility atn and booster pads. Which is what im getting from now on because i just cant afford diapers anymore. Im tired of the last two weeks out of the month having zero money

also i wont find out for sure if they are covered until tomorrow when 180medical calls me back. fingers crossed!

I know what you mean and I only can get prevail diapers that are cloth backing. In New York you only can get diapers that are cloth backing and a little better than store brand. You can not get plastic backing diapers through Medicaid I tried servel times and was told they don't cover them. Tranquility atn diapers are good but they aren't that absorbent like what you may be use to. Let me know how things turn out ok.

i live in dc and they USED to cover tranquility and im hoping they do again. i cant deal with mckesson or whatever other crap they try to pass off as "super absorbant" protection. ive been paying out of pocket with medicaid paying 88 cents per diaper for abena but even thats too expensive for me. my ssdi payments dont cover rent, food, bills, etc. if i didnt have this expense i wouldnt be 100% broke all the time. ill definitely let you know how it turns out.

The Medicaid so called diapers are good if you have light to medium incontince. I do pay out of pocket for my diapers through Amazon. I get Amazon prime for $6.14 a month because I have snap and Medicaid. You can put in snap or Medicaid and just flow the instructions on how to get Amazon prime account. The diapers I get abana for just a few dollars over $50.00. the cost is $50.00 53.00 free shipping and receiving it in tow days. I'm not trying to promote anything here. I just letting you know how I get a better quality diapers.

So dc medicaid doesnt cover tranquility atns. They say its "out of budget" sigh. They do cover tranquility select and booster pads which are supposed to be for "heavy absorbancy" which i have my doubts about. They are sending me samples to try and i should get them in 3-4 days. Medicaid stopped covering wipes too which is bs.

What I'm reading, here (not that I didn't know it) is that the politicians made decision on how much money Soc Sec gets. I remember the Congress spending out of the Soc Sec Trust Fund to "balance the budget."

Want to change things? Remember the old WWII poster? Here's my latest motto:

I WANT YOU

TO STOP VOTING FOR IDIOTS.

I bet you if any of them had bowel incontinence or even just bladder incontinence and had to get social security benefits they would suddenly be covered again. Just saying wipes are kind of a mandatory necessity for bowel accidents. Geeesh. They really need to have some compassion for folks.

@jrpoorman

Well said brother but unfortunately politicians get the BEST healthcare coverage so if they ever do need ANYTHING they are covered but UNTIL it happens to them they don't give a rats a** about us.

@AlasSouth

Obama and Trump both signed off for cuts to social programs like Medicare and Medicaid but signed off to increase national defense which is the largest piece of the expenditure pie. Social programs only make up a small fraction of the expenditure pie. ..... What's wrong with that picture ?