Smaller sizes pullups help

Archives1

Staff member
Good morning everyone. I was curious if anyone knew why the smaller sizes are harder to come by in stores? Or if they have any suggestions/recommendations? Most typically have S/M which is a bit too big unfortunately. I am considering looking into ordering online but wish they made smaller sizes more common. I am still trying to figure out my ideal product, and doing experimenting since after I had Covid my bladder issues worsened. Thanks in advance if anyone has tips or ideas!

This sounds sort of horrible but...its possible that the largest ones they make for kids cross into small adult territory. I noticed a commercial for those "goodnites" for example that fir up to 140 pounds. When I weighed in the 140s many years ago, I was using medium sized attends so it'd possible the makers know the kid size largest= adult small so they aren't marketed as much? Idk just a theory..

I could see if they sell those just to try them in sample packs. Im not against it but I wonder if they can hold as much as the regulars..It is a good idea!

Now that you mention it, most of the products I've seen in the stores are S/M. I think the best way to know is to look at the waist and/or hip sizes that are on the sides or rear of most packages. Even if the smallest size can fit you, if the maximum size listed is waaaay out of your range then it just may be too big. There is nothing more useless than a pull-up that is too big and too loose! A good, secure (but not uncomfortably tight) fit is imperative for best leakage protection.

I am going to have to stick with Smalls only then :|. I was fortunate enough to try Depend brand smalls, and my friend mentioned wearing GoodNites which may be a better fit honestly. The thing im wondering is capacity with those smaller brands but fit is very important.

@billiveshere Thank you for your input. I noticed on the S/Ms as they fill they sag horribly, and that gets extremely annoying so I think it is time to change things around. They tend to leak as they sag as well which adds to the issue of being the right size.

@Koigal I have seen some by a UK brand called I.D. they do an extra small pull up pant. I can't seem to share the link but I'm sure Dr Google can help

My friend gave me a GoodNites to try and they fit really well. Not sure about the capacity officially yet, but they fit pretty well. Since its lasted at least half the day now, I may stick with these depending on pricing and efficiency..although I may have to pay more anyway for better fit since I am petite. If this continues to work well I may purchase more tommorow and see how they work out, but they've held up for about 8 hours now.

Hi @Koigal, Go for it!!! Try to get a few of the GoodNites without committing to a big package of them and by having only a few, if they don't work out then you won't have a nearly whole big pack lying around, taking up space. By trying a few then if you believe they will work for you, you can go ahead and confidently buy a bigger package of them. If the capacity meets your expectations and the fit is fine then you've got a winner!!! 😊😊😊

If you need more capacity, try putting some booster pads in the Goodnight. These are flow through pads that absorb extra ounces. Sometimes you can buy them at the store near the baby diapers. I buy mine online.

I tried to buy small Abena abri flex (my go to brand) pull ups, but it appears they don't make them. There is small in another pull up they make, but, as been talked about, the capacity is much smaller. Definitely disappointing. I may have to take my own advice and put in booster pads, but I'm reluctant to give up the medium which really works for me.

The booster pads are definitely an option as well, which could be helpful. It frustrates me to a degree that they make the incontinence products look so bland and boring sometimes. I went on a shopping spree earlier and have several different ones, some mediums as well which I will be trying out. If you feel happy with what you have, its worth sticking too. For me its somewhat inconsistent and im tired of worrying about the why/handling it etc. It took me a long time to accept this but now im focused on finding best fit. Changing once a day isn't the worst.

Hi Koigal, I think we've mentioned booster pads (the flow through kind, not the kind with plastic backing) before and they are definitely a good thing to have around. You won't be wasting your money buying them! But through personal experience and also hearing from others on this forum, each manufacturer has its own interpretation of sizing. It sounds silly but Company A's medium may not be medium to someone who usually wears a medium. Instead it may feel like a larger size or it may feel just a bit too small. And Company B's medium may be just perfect, And Company C's medium may feel just a bit too big. It just depends on the brand. As for me, I'm medium all the way through. Most medium brands fit me. If I went small, some brands may fit me while others won't. If I went large, it won't work. Period! It's an invitation to leaking which is something to avoid for sure!
I hope that's makes some sense. But it's hard to explain and makes you wonder why all manufacturers don't just get together and decide to be consistent with their sizes.
For you, the thing to do is to try out all of the pulls-up you have bought and find out the best and most comfortable fit and note the size and how absorbent it is. And once you find it then go with it!!
The more I see this forum the more I realize that finding what works best for you is a matter of trial and error. If you find the perfect one the very first time then you are extremely lucky!!! Sort of like the (definitely abridged) story of the three 🐻🐻🐻bears where everything is either too big, or too small, but the little bear says it's all just right!!!