Sitting after prostectomy

Archives1

Staff member
How long before I’m more comfortable sitting after robotic prostate removal? I’m 1 week post operative today.

I could not sit at the breakfast table for 4 weeks. I was fine sitting in my recliner watching TV. It took about 3 weeks before I was comfortable at my computer desk.

I raised my computer monitor with books. I also switch the new task type desk chair (a few months old) back to an older wider chair.

I had no issues sitting down either. I had a hell of a time trying to lie down and or get into bed, which I learned was from the CO2 from the operation still working it's way out of my body. No one mentioned that little detail to me BEFORE I had the operation, and the morphene and percoset hid it until I got home and was trying to wean myself off the drugs.

I found sitting back, not leaning forward was much more tolerable. Sitting up and working at the desk was less than comfortable but sitting back a little more was better.

As for the CO2 I recommend walking as much as possible, even with the cath I walked several miles a day as was clear of the CO2 in about 4 days.

Another recommendation is to lie on your side.