Sharing something for Anxiety

Archives1

Staff member
There is a you tube thing called ASMR, it is a You tube sensation (pun intended)that i am quite addicted to that significantly improves mood and gives many rest from anxiety, many people find it puts them to sleep.It tickles some part of nerological response, dont ask me the technical, there are you tube scientists to explain that if you care.
My favorites are Gentlewhispering (many relaxing role play specifically aimed at men or women) and my preference (book page turning and crinkly or tapping sounds)
The other is absurd but it is a sweet light filled ordinary woman, Mary, who takes you all around shopping at various drug stores and thrift stores murmuring a running commentary as she handles the merchandise and straightens the shelves.(Dont judge me! Its wildly soothing!) She also does have a wicked sense of humor unexpectedly.This you tube channel is Southern ASMR.
So IF you want to experiment with a relaxing video experience put Gentlewhispering or Southern ASMR in a search of you tube and let me know how you like it!

@Maymay941

'ASMR' ---

This note is somewhat far afield from the subject of incontinence, but it's a phenominon I enjoy and have experienced often at a good barbershop.

Actually, ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) is a trigger reponse quite
likely associated with haircuts, scalp shampoo & massage, shave, facials, neck and shoulder massage, etc. ASMR haircuts are a bit pricey, but well worth it and extremely relaxing. The 'essential oils' that often are added make the exprience even more enjoyable and aromatic. Added are the sounds of scissors, shave blade, electric vibrator, combing & brushing, etc.

ASMR benefits also come from an Asian concept of ear picking -- again, a most relaxing treatment for some, though NOT for me. Also, I personally cannot even tolerate a manicure, for that matter.

ASMR is based on a somewhat 'automatic' response that when the head or scalp is stimulated by massage or barbering, etc., the body transmits the pleasure (sensory) response down the meridian (spine) in a somewhat automatically triggered chain of events where the whole body becomes relaxed or pleasantly renewed by attention given to the head and scalp area.

This is not a sexual arousal kind of response, nor is it intended to be. So don't get me wrong there.
That is why the word 'sensual' is key.

I always have enjoyed a nice relaxing & unhurried haircut given by a professional barber who uses scissors more than electric clippers. That's part of the relaxation for me -- the sounds and the sensory stimulation combined. In order to count, my haircut should ideally last more than 30 minutes for the true ASMR effect to kick in.

Oh, and the barber must be well entertained by a generous tip, too.

anxiety and depression, being housebound and travel limited by incontinence, insomnia waiting for my body to sneak up on me and unexpectedly urinate when i am asleep all are reasons why i posted about ASMR on you tube. So many here are homebound, depressed, struggling with a lack of self worth.
i dont get the delightful full tingley effects many do but it helps me connect to good feelings and reduces loneliness as i can't reliably connect to a normal daily life.
How delightful to have a good personal experience at the barber!
For women getting a pedicure with a foot massage us the equivalent as it doesnt involve disrobing for a body massage and fills the essential function of foot care. ive noticed a growing number of men enjoying a pedicure at the nail bar. Best to go on a week day Tuesday through Thursday during the day. I can justify the cost out of necessity but for every day, ASMR on you tube is a uplifting way to enjoy the company of nice women who seek to soothe the savage beast of self loathing.