Severe urgency

Archives1

Staff member
I am new and i just want to present my problem for feedback.
I get the urge to go when there is about 2 ounces in my bladder. My normal output is maybe 3 to 4 ounces about every hour. Sometimes more frequently. I have tried several prescription drugs, had a nerve stimulator implanted and one round of botox. Nothing has helped. Also, I do not have a leaking problem. The botox actually made me worse. I seem to be more sensitive and I have extreme difficulty urinating. This has been going on since December.
I would very much appreciate feedback from anyone who is going through anything similar or anyone whohas input.

@DEBEECHER welcome to the forum. There are many of us here with similar symptoms. Like you I have tried the meds and Botox. The next step will be to try the interstim implant, but with the current crisis, this is some time away. Unfortunately, I can't give you any suggestions, but I can assure you that you are not alone, cheers Phil

Welcome to this forum. You are definitely not alone.
I am taking drugs which are not really working.
My urologist is pushing for the interstim implant.
Can you share your experiences with the implant?
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum
Please stay safe.

Hi and welcome! Glad you are here with many others from around the world facing similar urinary issues. Like Phil and Stuart said, you are among friends here and certainly not alone by any means.
Since you have already tried meds and Botox and you have the nerve stimulator already could the stimulator frequency need adjustment now? Since the Botox injections are to de sensitize the bladder and it takes a few weeks to work I wonder if the stimulator May be over stimulating or maybe a lead could need adjustment?
Wonder too if acidic food or an allergy to something you are eating or drinking or an herbal supplement could be the culprit.

Anyone else have ideas that you can suggest?
Hope everyone has a Blessed Weekend!

Jim

De...…,
You didn't say that you were completely voiding your bladder, though you've had plenty of medical advice, it seems. To this layman, it sounds as if you are dealing with blockage, meaning you never actually completely void; you fill 'er back up and then void just a little, then repeat. Best wishes. Fynlee

Fynlee said:
De...…,
You didn't say that you were completely voiding your bladder, though you've had plenty of medical advice, it seems. To this layman, it sounds as if you are dealing with blockage, meaning you never actually completely void; you fill 'er back up and then void just a little, then repeat. Best wishes. Fynlee

@jrpoorman I turned the stimulator off when I got the botox back in Dec. I am going to contact Medtronic to discuss the operation of the stimulator.

De...…,
Your difficulty in urinating may be because there's not much there to void and intravesical pressures are low. just for fun, to reduce the urge to void, challenge your nervous system by using an external device to constrict urinary flow for some period to delay giving up to the bogeyman. It may train your system to ignore minor signals, which are essentially false alarms. In my case, I couldn't get through the night without at least one restroom visit. Realizing that I had allowed my bladder capacity to shrink, I decided to challenge it to get it back to its designed capacity. It worked. I was bad last night; I slept ten hours straight, with very little leakage. (It couldn't possibly be that you had my condition...to the extreme, but what the heck.) Best wishes. Fynlee