scrotal ultrasound urge incontinence

Archives1

Staff member
My doctor wants me to get scrotal ultrasound.
I don't want to have an accident ultrasound tech.
Obviously I cannot wear a diaper, what are my options?

When you go in the tech will give you a towel. They ask you to cover and hold your penis out of the way. There are blankets all over you and only your scrotum is exposed. The towel is to prevent any embarrassing situations but worked to wick any leaks when I did it as well. At the end you get dressed once they leave and the whole bundle of linen is wadded up.

That is a good idea, maybe the towel will be enough.
I was thinking about wearing a condom catheter or a Foley catheter.

You can do either as well if needed. They ask you to get undressed, get on the table cover up. Then they come back in 10 min. You have time and privacy

These are great ideas! I wish ladies had something to block the flow during procedures. I have severe bladder spasms and my doctor wanted to fill my bladder during a cystoscope and I knew that wasn’t a good idea. Needless to say, I flooded the table, the doctor , and the assistant and the floor.the little chux pad under me saturated. My bladder said “Hell no! We won’t go!” Then she said well you warned us. You have the worst bladder spasms I have ever seen! Needless to say, I had 0 residual.

Hello all. I know this fear all too well. I was ordered
to have a uroscan not long ago. I was so afraid of having an accident during the procedure or when I went to stand up at the end. I had myself so worked up I said to my hubby,"I'm beginning to understand why women don't seek treatment!" My greatest fear was having a male tech. I felt like if I was going to lose my urine in front of a stranger I atleast wanted it to be a female. Best case scenario would have been a female over forty. So... I called the imaging department prior to my appointment and requested a female tech. The lovely lady I spoke to said she would note my request on my file. I did end up getting a female tech. After the scan was completed she left the room so I could dress. And of course when I stood up out it all started to flow. I used the disposal cover to soak it up then dumped it in the garbage. Almost identical story with my most recent cystoscope. But again my Dr. is female. I think my mind was my worst enemy sometimes. But the imaging tech did ask me what I would have done if I got a male tech. Easy answer- I planned on refusing. Best wishes to you.

When I had my last urodynamic study, after filling my bladder too much they got their X-Rays etc. then handed me the pitcher and said you can relieve yourself. Well with neurogenic bladder that’s a lot easier said then done! I still have TOO MUCH sensation and it was killing me, yet the harder I tried to push, the more it hurt. My nerves don’t get the signal to open, it only clamps the sphincters closed harder about 50% of the time. They came back in and immediately ordered a new foley to empty my bladder. 2 minutes later it was like a fire hose let loose when the sphincters relaxed without any warning and the tech had taken away the pitcher! This time they could see all the blood in the urine as it was all over me, the gown, the floor etc. from cracking open the fissures in my bladder that cause my OAB. It was a painful mess, but they certainly got answers!

@Sprung87 Same thing happened to when they filled my bladder to 800ml I couldn't pee and they had to cath me

@Craig88 Wow! Thank you for sharing that! I would try that! So that's a research website; any idea if the product is for sale somewhere? There aren't any on Amazon.

@snow I did more research and Urethral Plug and it looks like used
These plugs are used in rare and specific cases. Currently, there are no approved urethral plugs available in the U.S

I would also love to try this myself. I'm thinking about putting back in Foley catheter and using a catheter valve such as https://www.uromed.eu/article-catherter-valve.php.

However I'm sure you can order them through the internet. It's like diaper they have in Europe that they don't make in the USA.

here is the website: https://pdf.medicalexpo.com/pdf/rochester-medical/femsoft-insert-product-brochure/69869-90115.html