Screw U Covid.

Archives1

Staff member
TO much. In the thirty days over 7% of my small town has lost the battle with covid. My great aunt, and now a family friend have both passed away in the last few weeks. Everyone here has been hit by it. I have lost count of how many people that I know directly that have had covid and every day we find out that someone has died from it. Living in such a small town makes it hard because I know and I am related to just about everyone. This month alone we have lost twenty people that my parents grew up with to covid. It scares the crap out of me because I know so many of them. I pray every day that this ends soon.

Dear FLGuy, I feel so sad for you and the people of your small town for the huge loss that you have been experiencing. I hope you are able to connect with others in your town to mourn and grieve together, either outdoors or virtually. I also pray every day that this will end soon. I pray that people will do the best they can to keep themselves and others safe. May you find healing and peace, and respite from this onslaught of losses.

I'm with you! This disease is so isolating. I think that's one of the worst parts of the pandemic.

My stepfather died of Covid late Monday night. He was 82 and had been in poor health for a couple of years, so I think on some level I think he was ready to go, but my stepsister and stepbrother couldn't be there with him at the end. My mom died in 2012, and my stepdad and I were there holding her hands as she passed, which was very important to me even though it was a difficult thing to go through.

The isolation of the pandemic is just cruel.

Hi FlGuy, I know this is extremely scary and I wish I knew of something to say to make things better. The losses seem staggering and the isolation is just mind-numbing. I think the thing to do is to pray and pray hard that this thing will end soon. And definitely hope that your area gets vaccines soon so this trend can start being reversed. It is, as you say, just too much, too much for people to have to bear.
I hope you're managing as well as possible and my thoughts are with you!

paace said:
Why are there so many losses? Are the residents finding treatment?

The town that I live in is very small. Our closest trauma center is an hour away, heck the nearest hospital is 35 minutes.

It is an older community and in the early days of covid people did not go to the hospital quick enough.

So, sadly a lot of people died of respiratory issues before getting to the hospital.

My cousin works the covid unit and told us that 35 people have died from my town due to covid...
Well, there are only 614 people here according to the 2019 census so >35 is a lot. Are hole town is only 352 acres so. And a lot of that is woods so.

The issue here is that it is quicker to drive yourself to the hospital than to call 911 for an ambulance.

Our town only has voluntary firefighters and the ambulance is through another company but the persons who drive the ambulance are all voluntary (The EMTs are not, just the driver) So the issue is "yea you can call for an ambulance but it could take 30 minutes to get here.... Because there is only one for the town and it is used a lot.

So we are so secluded that you better get to the hospital if you even feel a bit sick and people here are not like that. We tend to ourselves so then we die from this crap.