Sciatica nerve pain and pelvic floor damage

Archives1

Staff member
Along with having 4 prostrate surgeries in the past and also arthritis, I suffer from sciatica nerve damage that resulted in an accident when I was young. Wet heavy at night not having a sense to go to the bathroom. Worse yet, if I wake up my back is inflamed as arthritis sets in. I go from a 10 in pain at night to a 4 in pain during the day. I where a lift on one foot as it is 2 inches shorter than the other when out and about. Muscles and nerve stretch for the last 50 years causing damage. I leek urine in the morning as Im putting my my socks and shoes. Peeing while bending to pick up things. Been to the doctor numerous times. Sometime pain shooting down my leg when sleeping. Anyone else have some of these problems. It’s slowly getting worse.

I certainly feel for you, I go through a very similar routine. When I finally get to lay down at night, the pressure against my fully fused C-Spine combined with a very messed up fusion+ hardware from L3-4 to S-2 now sends my body into all kinds of spasms from my toes to my jaw.
I also started getting “Saddle Anesthesia” meaning if sitting on a horse, everything that would touch the saddle is now numb. The only way to get more than 2-3 hours of sleep is to sleep in a recliner with a neck bolster on to keep my head from leaning either way. I was just told last week my T12-11 disk is coming apart and have blown L1-2, L2-3, L3-4 are now collapsing inward….
It just doesn’t seem to end sometimes? The bladder incontinence can’t really get any worse, its just a constant 24/7. I must say the worst is after a nice hot shower in the morning, when at times my bladder will spasm out a burst before I even dry off, and I hate cleaning the floors etc. at 5:30 am!
I’m taking the Summer off of doctors if I can. I just want to 4 Wheel the mountains & Outer Banks in my Jeep with my Wife & dog, mountain bike & hike. Leave the iPhone in the Jeep and just enjoy this beautiful country we live in!
Keep your chin up, although at times it feels like it were not getting any younger! Stuff just happens..

Oh yeah at 74, L2/3 discectomy, S1/L5 rupture, numerous spinal epidurals help so I can stay active at GYM 4/days/wk. Interestingly just got raging COVID after eluding it with 2 years of extreme caution. Then trusted mixed messaging that US was in the clear. Let guard down and got disease. It has reversed 4 years of success since robotic, kegels, etc.

Keep up the fight and hope that medicine comes up with something better than, and as lucrative to MDs, as prostatectomy.