Same shit, same wrapping… re-introducing myself

Allan_59

Hi all

I have been around on the old forum for some time, and hope that this new one is picking up. I don’t want to be the old guy resisting changes, but I kind of liked the old forum with all its flaws.. especially during the week-end as I struggled to get the new page up and running.

I am an old bedwetter - through my teens, I was fine for some years before I was diagnosed with IBD. And in periods I am struggling with bowel incontinence. After a bike incident and a following spinal injury I have started to wet the bed again occasionally and I am also struggling with urgency and frequency in periods.

I have had much support and learned a lot from participating in the old forum, and hope that the activity level picks up here. It is good to have a place where we are struggling with similar issues and can speak without feeling the embarrassment and stigma that is following incontinence problems. Yes - I know we should cope with it, but I can for sure say that I am not the best. I find it embarrassing to wear diapers, and it is particularly bad after a good period without diapers. The set back, the feeling of bulkiness, picking clothes with care to avoid to visible diaper butt, I don’t really get used to it, although I force myself to wear a diaper when needed. The alternative of being stuck at home in order to reach the bathroom is even worse.

For my bowel incontinence, I am typically using a pull up. But for bedwetting, the pull-ups are not that great. I think tabstyle diapers are much better - and during the night, discretion is the biggest of my concerns.

I hope the forum activity gets back to normal. If anyone have questions or want to get in touch, my inbox is open as well.

Hi Allan, i am not the youngest either and keeping up with new technology gets harder. When i couldn't log in anymore i thought i was banned, though i couldn't imagine i did something wrong ... It would have been nice if an administrator would have made an anouncement something was about to change.
Glad you find the way back and i hope many will follow. Sharing my experience here is a way to cope with my issue, i am not the best either to just accept things as they are.