Renal and Bladder Ultrasound

Archives1

Staff member
I have one scheduled for Saturday morning.

Is it just like what is done for a pregnant person?

Do you have to disrobe?

I know I have to come with a slightly full bladder, but I’m curious what it is like.

Can I keep a diaper on?

Just like a pregnant person = yes

Do you have to disrobe? = no just undo the front of your pants

I know I have to come with a slightly full bladder, but I’m curious what it is like.= likely they will ask you to pee and then they will use the ultrasound to check how much is left in your bladder.

Can I keep a diaper on? =You will likely have to pull the front down
if you use a diaper with Velcro tabs, you can just pull the top tabs lose and fold it down. And they will put a gel on, then run the ultrasound.

They want to see how much is retained in the bladder. And maybe the size of your prostate.

It's fun if you have a cute lady doc doing it.

When i did bladder it was easy. the nurse gave me a cover but wasn't used. just pulled all down. Nurses are used to seeing it all anyway. I told her i thought he said he would leave 15" not take 15". LOL

Update: I’m glad my bladder isn’t overactive!!! Cuz it would have been so bad.

The people were wonderful but the appointment was an hour late, and two hours prior I was told to drink 32 ounces.

When they scanned my bladder, I had just a tad under 600 Ml, and was just starting to feel like I had a full bladder.

I was asked to turn on my side, and unfortunately, spring a sudden leak. I thought it was a full empty but I was wrong by about 400 ml 🙁

I’m just glad the people were kind.

Quick edit: At 600 ML I began to feel like I would need to pee soon, but not that I was bursting or anything.