Relaxed bladder

Archives1

Staff member
It seems when i have a BM or pee in toilet my bladder stays relaxed for some 15 to 30 minutes after. Anyone else have this problem? Apt to have more accidents then even though bladder is Mostly empty.

I do have that issue! Sometimes I could spend 5 minutes or more letting out just a little more. I don’t know if it’s a relaxed bladder, or a problem with incomplete voiding. I'll look forward to others' comments.

I don't have that issue in terms of a full accident; but I get what are uncontrollable post void dribbles.

Due to my bladder condition and bladder spasms; I've found after going to the bathroom many times per day (no matter how many times I shake or try to make sure I've voided everything) - after a day - my underwear will have a large yellow stain. (sorry if that is TMI) the stain is dependant on how bad my spasms are that day.

So I am assuming that is what you mean - luckily it is absorbed in the underwear and doesn't touch jeans or shorts. It's very miniscule amounts; but due to my bowel acute fissure - my doctor said that after a BM your schincter muscles still spasm due to the fissure - which is why I sometimes have to go back to the bathroom and clean myself as it just feels uncomfortable some days.

I'm guessing that is very similar to bladder spasms in that regard - after a relief; the bladder muscles still continuously spasm.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I experience the same issue. Sometimes I feel a leak as soon as I'm walking out of the bathroom and sometimes it can occur minutes later. I've started wearing pull-ups every day now and they are working well for me.

rlea64 said:
I experience the same issue. Sometimes I feel a leak as soon as I'm walking out of the bathroom and sometimes it can occur minutes later. I've started wearing pull-ups every day now and they are working well for me.

Hi @rlea64;

Welcome to the NAFC. Little triggered by your name not going to lie - what does the 64 stand for in your username? I'm guessing year of birth maybe.

Anyway for me; as a youngin it reminds me of Nintendo 64 and a traumatic memory unfortunately.

I've shared this memory many times on here - but it's one I will never forget. I used to play Nintendo 64 alot back in the day. Mario Kart 64 was one of my favorites and few games I owned. I miss the balloon kart racing on the 4 towers (different colors) map; where you would hit your opponent and a balloon would fly away.

Anyway, this memory involved Diaper Punishment so I will cut to the chase. I remember going inside my dad's house - getting yelled and screamed by my step mom and dad to the basement which was right off the kitchen. I remember going downstairs and off to the left was the washer and dryer and a my laundry and soiled underwear. I remember my dad screaming at the top of his lungs saying if I couldn't keep my underwear dry and clean he was going to take me to the local grocery store, buy me a pack of diapers and make me walk around the block in them.

Only them.

Im sorry if this is too much information but this is one of the reasons why I am a member of the NAFC and why I've had such difficulty accepting bladder issues.

But one of the good things that came out of my abuse - was the Good Lord Jesus Christ. Ive found through faith, and missionaries - I have become connected with God Himself and am able to keep a strong relationship with Him to overcome my PTSD and be able to express my trauma and abuse without fear of retribution.

So thank you for coming to the NAFC. Please don't hesitate to explain your condition, feelings, and provide us with an introductory post so we can all get to know you better. Happiness can be found even in the darkest of places, if you only know how to turn on the Light.

Amen.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Thank you so much Honeeecombs. Just found this website a few days ago and am so impressed with all the information available and all the input. Yes, you guessed right on the meaning of the 64. Sorry it brings up painful memories for you.

Hope this isn't TMI but here goes... I had a few instances of bedwetting in my late teens and early 20's. Had urological exam and tests at the time but no specific problems were found and it seemed to resolve itself. I had no issues again until about a year ago when I started noticing I was having small leaks during the day. My doctor recommended Kegel exercises but I still leak often after using the bathroom and when I sneeze/cough, am startled, or even sometimes hearing running water. I also began to notice damp underwear on waking which I tried at first to blame on heavy sweating, so started keeping my room cooler and ditched all my blankets during the night. I soon realized that it wasn't sweat. I had begun using guards for my underwear during the day and tried wearing them all the time. This was a disappointing failure as they never seemed to be where they needed to be or didn't absorb quickly enough.

So, after another trip to the local pharmacy I came home with disposable briefs to try, and was finding nearly every morning that the wetness indicators had changed color overnight. It's been trial and error but I think I have figured out works for me. I am currently using pull-ups during the day as my leaks are usually small. I'm continuing to use tabbed briefs at night as I'm not confident that the pull-ups fit well enough around the legs to catch everything when I'm laying on my side.

Thank you again for the encouragement and I'm glad to have found somewhere to be able to express all this. I'm still finding incontinence embarrassing but not as much as in the beginning, and at least I feel like I have a workable way to address it and don't feel like I'm alone. Just wish I would have found NAFC earlier in the process!

Yes, that happens to me a lot. M bladder will feel unstable, especially after a BM, and will let out little dribbles of urine for a while.