Recommendations for Plastic Pants

Archives1

Staff member
Looking for recommendations for discreet plastic pants to wear over my pull-ups. I wear overnight pull-ups but they leak onto my clothes or pajama pants some of the time and the excess of laundry (I understand that wet plastic pants would need to be laundered) and embarrassment from people visibly seeing these accidents is tiring. I’m a 35 yo female with 38” waist. What do people recommend? Thanks to this community- feel like I have a supportive anonymous place to reach out. Appreciate it.

Babykins has a bunch of great options to choose from. I suggest the Terry lined pants. It's what I sometimes use over my disposables to help contain leaks.

I found out I Have to wear a plastic pants over my pull ups. It makes me feel more confidant.You just through them in the wash cool water and drip dry. Do not put in the Dryer.I am a femalw also but 73 yrs old. colin13

You can try using the “search” option; it’s the magnifying glass. Then click on “advanced options” to better define your search. Make sure check off the “all” button so you don’t just see the past few months’ worth of results. Here are some prior posts about this topic that I quickly found using the “search” function:

If it is an option, it would be a little less to deal with if you switched to tape on briefs. They leak way less.

I don't want to come off as an expert, because no one can tell you what works for you and your life style. With that said, I can say that when I started wearing, disposals were not on the market yet.. Over the years, I am sure that I have tried every professionally made product available, and I have also used an alteration shop that made a couple custom fitted cloth diapers. I've been 24/7 for 35 years. It took years to accept my condition, and have to say that I don't think I could have done it without a great family therapist. Once I came to grips with my condition, the ability feel comfortable in social environments became easier. Before therapy, I had anxiety and panic attacks and was unable to say diaper or incontinence out loud. I difficult time purchase products that looked like a diaper or gave off an infantile connotation. Sorry for the spray of words, I just wanted you to know my experience.

Having worn different products at work, social situations, and life in general, I ended up using cloth diapers & plastic pants. A little extra work, yes, but they seem to be less expensive than quality disposables, they are more comfortable (for me), I don’t worry about leaks, and they provided me a level of protection and desecration I needed to carry on a normal life. There are a many adult cloth diapers on the market, and one would think that they are all pretty much the same. But I found out different. I use a product (Amazon and others) that are reasonably prices and I use them day and night (InControl - Nighttime Fitted Cloth Diaper). They have velcro strips, but I find that 3” pins to work much better to get a tight fit across the front.

So here is the answer to your question. The only plastic pant I use is made by Gary, but is sold by many online resellers. Specifically, I use the Gary Slip-On Hight-Waist Comfort style Vinyl pant. I weigh 165 with a 34” waist, and I found that the Extra Small size is tight fitting, wide elastic waist & legs and a thick 7mm frosty white Vinyl are perfect. I have never had a leak during the day or night (never). The tight fit compresses the diaper enough where is difficult to detect. From time to time I use the same Gary pant in a snap-on style, but only at home and never at night time.

A couple of years ago, I realized what a journey it has been, and some of my experiences (good, bad, embarrassing, good products, bad products) may be useful to others. Especially if they have a doctor tell them they should consider wearing diapers to cope with urinary Incontinence. I have been working a a book sharing my journey ‘Dealing with Incontinence. I don’t know if I will get it done this year, but it has been great therapy for me to write it.

Plastic Pants: https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PLASTIC-PANTS/Heavy-Weight
Cloth Diapers: https://www.amazon.com/InControl-Ni...y+nighttime+cloth+diaper,aps,123&sr=8-12&th=1