Rapiflo

Archives1

Staff member
So, went to my urologist again and he scanned my bladder. I retain 300-500 cc and this is caused by my BPH. He prescribed Rapiflo. I noticed improvements in stream and less urgency. He feels my UI is due to retention and when I’m relaxing my bladder empties. It only happens when I sleep or doze off after work. My job is extremely physical (alarm & surveillance camera installer) so a 15-20 minute rest isn’t unusual.

Has anyone tried this drug? If so, has it helped or worsened your issue.

I haven't tried rapiflo; only Myrbetriq and Oxybutnyin.

I wish I could be of more assistance. I had great results with Myrbetriq until It stopped working - but my incontinence sounds different than yours. I get bladder spasms which can be really bad which causes Urge Incontinence.

I was going to mention kegaling, but noticed your issues are in regards to retention and not leakage.

After doing some research, sounds like it's similar to Flomax which makes sense.

Possibly somebody in the community could be better to assist. There are a ton of great people on here - that know of what your going through.

You're not alone - bladder issues suck.

Take care,
HC

I always did sit to pee but the retention is the same. Doc said he wants me about 190cc or less. 100 is preferable

Update: started my 1st dose of Rapaflo on November 20th. My urologist said on my Visit day prior that I was not fully emptying my bladder. Had 300cc on exam. I noticed a stark difference in flow within 2 hours. Monday night I wore a pad but was dry. I started not wearing a pad Wednesday and still dry. My urine flow is still solid and I do not go as frequently and do not have the urges. Retrograde ejac is tolerable. Sinus congestion is an inconvenience but I’ll live with it over the alternative.