Put it on paper/charts please?

Archives1

Staff member
Does anyone else look at their medical documents and see things that have been talked about that are not listed on documents at all?

I am reviewing my documents for my social security appeal and there is a lot of stuff that is only one ER/Ed visit note and not from my PCP.

It is very frustrating because I cannot just call my doctor and be like WTH.

Now I have to figure out what was sent by the hospital to social security because none of my doctors sent the document listed on my denial. UGG why is this so hard!!!

I haven't but have often thought about putting in a full data access request.

for all my medical records from the day I was born to present day.
to try learn more and see what medical people think of me and what they've written especially the psych stuff.

It's like any issues with coworkers or work. Absolutely get I in writing or document it yourself date tie short log/diary

My big issue is that I can not see clinical notes so have no clue what the doctors sent. I'm frustrated because, "yea I knew that 90% of people get rejected for social security the first time", I also didn't have any problem getting my insurance disability, Medicaid and food assistance.

Like, hello social security, you said no but insurance disability said yes and they deny everything.

Dino - I went to Probate Court and got named as Representative for my deceased husband so that I could get copies (paper copies) of his whole medical history. It was going to cost me over $750. I opted out.

@ritanofsinger
In Ireland its free I once got 300 plus pages of data on me from a government agency for free.

Any business or agency that has your data has to give it to you within a few weeks and if needed they can apply for an extension depending on how excessive and complicated it is.

Yes. I have looked at doctor's notes & not seen things that I know were discussed. Also, things that were erroneously added! I was denied Social Security Disability the 1st time. So I hired an attorney. I got it the second time. It sure was hell having to scramble & come up with all the documentation! I once ordered my paper chart. It was like 750 pages from one provider. It cost me like $100. That wasn't too bad. I did it to get a license to use Cannabis. Cannabis constipates me, though, I found. So I don't use it anymore anyway. It's legal in California too. Still a Schedule 1 Drug Federally though. Ridiculous!

Oh, for my Social Security, I had to be interviewed by a Psychiatrist -- as I had a partial psychiatric diagnosis. That was tricky. I did not enjoy that at all. Has anyone else had that experience. This was long before I got OAB/FI.

@pegasi99
I never understood this cannabis being legal in certain states but not legal on a country level.
Should be legal country wide or all the country instead of individual states.

This is a very strange country Dino but maybe not sort of like Great Britain. There are very different cultures in different ways sections of the country different accents different lifestyles.

Monday early in the morning I have an appointment with a different PCP to get this paperwork issue fixed.

@ThatFLGuy Yep, I see missing and incorrect information all the time :( I hate it. @pegasi99 I’ve had a psychiatrist since I was 15 - so, for 30 years, so that part wouldn’t disturb me. Many people here use the services of therapy and psychiatry.

@Dino The best way to think of the US is to realize that it’s a continent, not a country. We are really 50 countries with a glue similar to the EU. You can’t really grasp it until you drive all the way across the long “country” in one go.

@snow

That Appointment with the other PCP was canceled and I ended up in the ER. Even the ER doctor was like, why has no one done anything about everything going on with you. I let them know what my doctor has tried and they were still like that is not enough. I see my physical therapist on the 18th and I am hoping that I can get a few things figured out this week before going.