Purewick Urine Collection System

There have been mentions of it in posts here. All positive reviews of people who've had hospitals use it

I was on one during a three-day hospitalization. It was dislodged easily while I was in the narrow ER bed in which turning over required a considerable amount of maneuvering. It stayed in place well once I was moved to a regular hospital bed. The problem that I had was that it dried up some very sensitive tissues. This may be a function of the drying that I experienced as part of the menopause, which I experienced 30 years ago.

I’ve never tried it and have been told my the manufacturer that it doesn’t work for slide sleepers. As for me, I don’t want to sleep next to a giant collection container sitting on my nightstand. But never save never; maybe one day I’ll get desperate enough to try it but I anticipate that diapers will continue to be plenty for me

@snow Yeah snow you're right. It's not exactly the sexiest bedroom accessory for putting you "in the mood" But, then again I never expected having a bedside commode either. Maybe I should decorate it. Can't quite decide on "a theme" Suggestions welcome 😉 So many things we didn't expect huh? - Pam

@snow Yes,I still wear the night time Depends pull ups all the time. As I've said before, they aren't great, but I can't afford the better ones. Again, after I had the shunt put in for the Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus the UI was much improved, but still remains. I didn't find out right away that UI was a symptom of the Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus. I figured the UI had gotten worse because I had broken my hip and was pretty much stuck for awhile. Though it will always be a pain to deal with, it's alot better than it was. - Pam