Prostate cancer men’s support group

Archives1

Staff member
"Prostate Cancer Men's Support Group": https://www.meetup.com/prostate-cancer-mens-support-group/ Dear Members of the Prostate Cancer Men’s Support Group,

Take survey>>clickable text

My name is Matt Kaczynski, and I am a medical student at Brown Medical School in Rhode Island. I am motivated to learn about and address the mental and emotional challenges of living with cancer. As part of a long-term project, I am aiming to develop a resource that can help with sharing cancer survivorship stories among those who are newly diagnosed. To inform the eventual creation of this resource, I am conducting a survey of prostate cancer survivors that will shed light on survivor story-seeking behaviors, as well as perceptions surrounding the effectiveness of these stories.

Your group facilitators were kind enough to allow me to share my idea with the group, and I would like to ask all members if you would be willing to participate in an online survey as part of my study. The survey can be accessed at the link below:

Responses to the survey are anonymous, meaning your name or other personal identifiers will not be linked with your responses, and it should take about 10 minutes to complete. Importantly, your participation in this survey is completely voluntary, and you do not need to take part if you do not want to. If you decide to participate, you will have to provide informed consent at the beginning of the survey.

In addition, after completing the survey yourselves, we encourage you to share the survey link or this email with any other prostate cancer survivors that may be interested in joining this study.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out to me via email (matthew_kaczynski@brown.edu) or phone (401-863-5600). Thank you all for your time, and I appreciate everyone’s consideration!

--

Matthew Kaczynski
M.D. Student | Class of 2027
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
matthew_kaczynski@brown.edu | (860) 987 2128

Some of you already know Mr. Kaczynski. He is a medical student at Brown who plans to be an oncologist. He has been an active participant in the on-line group. His survey is an important tool for demonstrating what we all have gone/go through as patients with PCa.

I hope that you will be generous with your ideas and exercise your voice as a patient.