Prostate Calcifications.

ThatFLGuy

PSA test came back normal, but I have Prostate calcifications out of nowhere.

Got an Ultrasound today and am now waiting on results. I have a long history of bowel problems and Pelvic floor dysfunction.

This is crazy because it seems to my care team that my Pelvic floor dysfunction is now definitely causing prostate issues.

PSA test came back normal, but I have Prostate calcifications out of nowhere.

Got an Ultrasound today and am now waiting on results. I have a long history of bowel problems and Pelvic floor dysfunction.

This is crazy because it seems to my care team that my Pelvic floor dysfunction is now definitely causing prostate issues.
Sorry to hear that, but maybe there are better treatment when they know what is causing it?

What’s a prostate calcification?
It's kind of like a kidney stone, but it forms in the prostate. They're unusual in men under 40, but more common in older men. They are often a result of prostate inflammation, but can be caused by a whole host of other things.

@ThatFLGuy , I'm glad you're following up on that with your care team! It may be nothing to worry about, but the only way to find out is to get it checked.

Yep. The lab work was good. PSA normal, but waiting for Ultrasound to be read. The CNP that I am seeing works directly with my PCP. She was not happy that the ER did not send me for an Ultrasound that day. I am only 39, so I am a full ten years before most men have any concerns about prostate calcifications. But here I am. There are a lot of things that can cause it, though, so now I have to keep an eye on it for the rest of my life.

They are worried that this is due to my Gut issues. So once they get the results of the Ultrasound, then it is trying to figure out what is next.