proper diaper size

Archives1

Staff member
If anyone has purchased Megamax diapers, what size would you recommend for someone in between sizes. I have a 31" waist and 35" hip. The charts indicate that I am sort of in between. Would it be best to get the mediums instead of the small?

I would go with Mediums. To me, their sizes seems to be sized a bit smaller than other brands. I am actually kind of between a medium and large at about a 34 - 36 inch waist. The larges are still a bit smaller than the larges in other brands however. Therefore with Northshores, I am still going to stick with large although with other diapers medium would do.

I would second that. Medium is what I would go with in your case Damp. They are great diapers and like you I was in between sizes. I ordered a package of each from Northshore and in the end I settled on the medium size as being more comfortable and easier to put on.

I want to also say, like Jwh51 said as well, they are great diapers. They are fairly thin when dry so as to be fairly discrete. However, they have amazing absorbency, just expect some swelling in them as you wet them. I have worn them quite a bit at night, and they keep my bed dry and hold up otherwise as well. Mine will be swollen out in the morning in my groin area (almost need to say ballooned out) but never any leaks. As for how they absorb, it doesn't spread out to the butt and other areas even after a heavy overnight or even daytime soaking, the swelling and absorbing stays pretty close to my manhood, where it originates of course. They are also comfortable to wear both day and night.

Ask for samples. Most companies will give you samples at little or no cost. This will ensure proper sizing.

I will warn that I have experienced leaks in the MegaMax due to improper sizing. I wear an xl in the supremes (I’m a big guy) and the xl in MegaMax just don’t fit me right. As Artie said get samples before you buy multiples.

I use these at night and they are the best thing I have found that keeps in place all night. the tapes are so strong that the diaper wont slide down on me since I'm an active sleeper. I am in the XL with a 48 inch waist so I think mediums should be ok but Northshore is a great company so they will most likely send you a sample.

conventional wisdom says if you're between sizes to go with the larger size.

NS will send you a free sample of both sizes if you ask.