Progress

Archives1

Staff member
Hey folks. Just wanted to check in. So I had my SPC placed a week and 2 days ago. Had some complications that first day that sent me to the er. My urine is now completely clear. I had the 2nd Foley catheter that was placed in the er taken out on Wednesday and was given a plug. I didn’t care for the plug so I ordered some flip flow valves off amazon. They came last night and I put one on this morning. I like it a lot better. I just tuck the valve and tube into my underwear. My incision site is still a bit sore but much better. I’ve gone from having to empty every 15 minutes to now only emptying every hour and a half or so. I’m really happy with the progress. I’ve had a couple of accidents where I waited to long but the pull up I was wearing caught it. All in all I’m pretty pleased.

Hi @justej, sounds really great! You are definitely on the mend and sounds like you are getting the routine down pat! Way to go! High Five! :D I guess those accidents aren't too surprising, really, but you know what to do now I'm sure! The incision site will be a bit tender for awhile but probably a month after you had the procedure done you may not even know it's there!
Good going on a job well done! (as we used to say in the Navy)

@justej Oh good; I was hoping we’d hear from you again soon. This “now only emptying every hour and a half or so“ sounds dreamy!!!!!