Problem with arm pain when detruser muscle contracts and releases urine

Archives1

Staff member
I have a severe case of urge incontinence that responds to Botox for 2 months then I have to wait another month to get it again. When I have urge incontinence, I have no control and leak large amounts of urine because my bladder detruser muscle contracts , causes bladder pain and also pain that radiates Down mr arms. Has anyone had this same response with urge incontinence and pain and Botox? Thank you.bold text

Hi, sorry to hear you are suffering with this. I don't get any symptoms from my botox and would recommend you speak to your healthcare professional for further advise. Most urologists will inject botox once or maybe twice a year, I have not heard of one who does it every 3 months.

@laalaauk My Botox is prescribed for every three months and I’d get it that often if I could afford it. @Dmorris I don’t get arm pain.

I don’t get the arm pain but I had Botox just under 3 months ago and it is wearing off right now but my insurance pre authorized to have it done 2 times before November go see my urologist on the 22nd to see what he needs to do

@laalaauk Like Snow, when I received my botox treatments, the urologist told me that I need to come back every 3 months.

@Boomersway Interesting, I think it's only recommended in the UK every 6 months at the least. Thanks for letting me know though. Is it the full, 30 units each time?

@laalaauk , I will have to look up how many units I received, for some reason I think it was double that.

Thanks all. My Botox only last 2 months but Urogynocologist says only every 3 months. I know this sounds silly but I get contractions like labor pains when the urine leaks. That is when it radiates down both arms too. I have heard one other person experience this symptom. It is usually when I stand up. I was so disappointed to have complete relief for 2 months. The Doctor said when your bladder muscle contracts to cause the leak, some people have pain. Can’t figure out the arm pain though. Lucky I guess. Thank you all for responding. This is a very nice group.

@laalaauk I started with 100 units but it wasn’t enough. 200 units works best for me. The 100 required 22 jabs while the 200 takes 44 jabs. Hurts so intensely but it’s soooooo worth it.

One can have a total of 400 units in the body at any time. The other 200 for me is allocated for migraine treatment (injections in the forehead, neck, and trapezius muscles). Those are also authorized for quarterly use. Man, how I wish I could afford the Botox injections as often as they’re prescribed!

Thanks. I go back in 2 weeks for another treatment but I am going to ask for a larger dose too. My whole perineum feels like 3rd degree burns from leaking urine and the pads just rub me raw. My doctor gave me some ointment but it doesn’t help much. I am embarrassed to say that I have a glove with crushed ice on my perineum so I can sleep. I hate to complain but I have never been this miserable in my life. Thanks for caring. ❤️

Well, I have been referred to the Brady Urological Group at Johns Hopkins Hospital to see if they can figure out my unusual Urge incontinence symptoms with the arm pain and severe Detruser muscle contractions. I have no control of urine leakage and I can’t stand this pain day and night. I am really depressed at this stage so I hope these experts can help me. Wish me luck!

Good luck Dmorris and hopefully they will be able to give you solid constructive answers with proven treatments.

Cheers

Jason