PROACT PROCEDURE

Archives1

Staff member
Does any guy have experience or knowledge about PROACT PROCEDURE. It sounds much less invasive, quicker outpatient in office, quicker recovery, cheaper, more easily reversed without AUS buttons to press, insertion of mesh sling, than anything I’m aware of. 2 small silicone balloons are inserted under scrotum/pelvic floor and adjustable to replace space left by Radical P. Supposedly it results in better support and incontinence reduction.

See if it can cause an increase in leakage. I had the remeex sling on Oct 10th. The first 2
Weeks I thought I got my life back . Before surgery I was 2 tob3 Pads a day now I am at 6 to 8 and nobody can tell me why. Sometimes the surgery can cause over active bladder. I am taking pill for over active bladder but no help. I wish I did nothing. Do your homework. It is a new percedure . While I was reading about it, it said one of the potential side effects was increased leakage. So beware. If you get it done please post your results. Not sure what I am doing next. I dont like the artificial spincter it causes problem

Thanks that’s why I’m asking our captive audience at NAFC for input. The points I listed make it sound attractive, especially the easy reversal, if incontinence increases.

For some reason these surgeries trigger over active bladder which can be worse. If you find out why please post. No one can tell me how long it last. I have heard from 6 weeks to the rest of your life. Imagine how I feel right know

I’m also interested in feedback on PROACT. One potential issue is that it’s not done everywhere yet like the sling procedure.