Post surgery follow up on Friday.

Archives1

Staff member
Friday is a big day. I have post surgery follow up and it is also when I will be getting things sorted out for the next step in all the crazy stuff going on. There are a few things that need be done so I have more answers to decided what to do next. I know that I do not what to go back to an ostomy so that means figuring out what can be done to prevent a diverticulitis attack and need for other surgeries.

I have a few phone calls to make this week as I have to get stuff figured on with Gastroenteology so I can find out where I am going to be seen from now on.

A family friend gave me some pointers and I am going to work on them this week and see where it leads me. I also still have the director of GI operations phone number so I can call him if need be.

The big thing is that I should have been set up for an appointment post surgery but I think that the hospital figured that my appointment in December is good enough. Issue is that said appointment is with a PA-C so they still have to get a MD sign off to do anything. So, I would rather just get an new permit GI doctor even if it is a drive away to go see them.

@ThatFLGuy At the very least they should have given you the name of the DOCTOR for your post op appointment. Wishing you the best in a tough situation. - Pam

A PA typically reports to a doctor. With all you've been through I would hope they'd let you see a real doc. Good luck, sir.