Possible UTI

Archives1

Staff member
My catheter was removed 10 days ago. I thought I was doing well. 3 days ago I started having a constant mild burning/itching sensation on tip of my penis. Seems like I am urinating every 15 minutes but feels like I have to go all the time. There is mikd odor and urine in hazy. Anyone else experience this? I go in this afternoon for a urine culture.
Thanks,
Dan

If it is a UTI, which it sounds like, make sure the course of medication is for 10 days. I had a UTI that did not go away after 7 days (which is what I was given) and I ended up with the UTI never being stopped. I had to add another course of antibiotics (Macrobid).

@Bookmdanno - I had the exact same symptoms as you during this period. I was tested for UTI and the results were negative. The symptoms resolved pretty quickly without any medication other than Tylenol. Best of luck!

I had a similar problem after RPS. I turned out to be irritation from the catheter. I eventually caused some scaring. They told me I should have lubricated the catheter end

Hopefully it is UTI and antibiotics can help. Other than that it does sound similar to my tingling problem before and after my catheter was removed. I still have issues but I believe it is bladder spasms. They gave me anti-spasm medicine that helped but not cured. Drinking plenty of water, staying away from soda, other sweet drinks is a must for me. flares up when I don’t.

Thanks for all the advice. Hopefully I get the results from the urine culture today so we shall see.
Dan

Culture came back as E. Coli. I read where that's common but man was I miserable! Started 2 medications yesterday. 1 antibiotic and 1 for bladder spasms. I hope the hell they work.
Take care and God bless everyone!
Dan

I have not had your symptoms but I have had UTIs. I take Nitrofurantoin (4x50mg for a week to cure a UTI, 1x50mg per day to prevent a recurrence).

I am taking the same except 100mg 2x a day for 7 days. I am on day 6 and still have slight burning. Also I am 4 weeks post op, how long were everyone's testicles/scrotum very tender?