Pleased to be here

Archives1

Staff member
My story begins when I was at school. Over a long period I feared I was going to wet myself. The sensation was so severe that one day I felt I was going to pass out in my effort to prevent myself from humiliating myself. It never happened but the sensation lasted on and off for a few years. At that time there were adverts in the daily press for rubber briefs and I would have sent off for some but I was too embarrassed to have them delivered in the post. The security of wearing them over my normal underwear would have alleviated the distress, something I have proved to myself in later life.
All seemed normal in my early adult years until I realised that my underwear became wetter throughout the day after urinating. I could no longer wear briefs with a single thickness of material at the front and I knew things were not right when, unusually, I used the bathroom at night and was distressed to find my pyjama pants quite wet on a few occasions before I decided I had to wear briefs under my pyjamas.
It was a long time before I decided to do something about my damp underwear. I used to use absorbent toilet tissue after urinating but still the problem occurred. A change of jobs meant I was more active at work and during a spell of hot weather my groin skin became very irritated and I decided to wear woven boxer shorts in place of the brief style of underwear I had worn since about the age of thirteen.The boxers were such a relief but I was having urine dripping down my leg after urinating no matter how much absorbent tissue I used. I have since realised that gently squeezing my penis with tissue stops the, as I now know, post void dribble, more quickly. I then found some Jockey brand no-fly trunks that were comfortable and absorbent at the front but I needed to wear two pairs at a time and eventually increased to wearing three pairs at a time. I knew I needed to look for some washable incontinence briefs. I will continue another time to talk about the various absorbent and waterproof underwear styles I have tried.