Please check your Sunday papers today!

Archives1

Staff member
There's an advertising supplement in today's Sunday papers (Aug.9) from HDIS who is offering a pack of overnight underwear for $7.95, "per bag delivered." Depending on what size you wear, bags range from 12 to 18 per bag. According to HDIS, they are "our most absorbent underwear for men and women."
And it gets even better! :D As a bonus, they are also sending a free sample pack with up to 10 free samples.
Only thing is this offer is not available in Alaska or Hawaii.:(
They will only ship this to street addresses, no P.O. boxes. There is a coupon to fill out.
The offer is valid for first-time customers only.
If you didn't get as Sunday paper or got one without the ad supplements, you can call HDIS 24/7 at 1-800-403-3046 or go to www.tryhdis.com. Hope this helps somebody on the forum!:D

HDIS has always been a good company. Been around for years. Great customer service and their sample packs are excellent to find a product that works well. Thanks for the coupon info.

Hi @jessicalee, I like Norton Hurley as well. Their BOGOs don't run all the time. I just bought a pack of Alyne from them on Friday and there wasn't a BOGO mentioned. But I think they do that only periodically. It's good incentive to keep us checking them when it's time for supplies, right? :D

I got the BOGO on Alyne for my MIL, super nice company and love that they have a nurse on customer service.

@billliveshere
That’s some amazing news and advice. Thanks! Reason why we need more supply companies involved in this forum

Hi again @jessicalee, I didn't know Norton Hurley has a nurse on customer service! :O They are a really nice company, Just wish they weren't way out in the middle of nowhere!!!:D:D:D. At least they have UPS out there!

This is the only coupon packet that came with my Sunday paper, “The Salt Lake Tribune.” It had to become a non-profit company because of its dire net operating deficit. Unfortunately that means several sections of the paper have been entirely done away with, and all sections have been reduced. Here is a photo of the cover of my coupons, which did not include an HDIS ad. What brand name (usually located at the top of the packet) of coupons did you receive? Maybe I can buy the other (Mormon) newspaper here (“The Deseret News”) to see if they have the coupon. That paper has far more subscribers and money, so maybe they still get good coupons.
17e6b3897c0d2d66fa5fb78ddac3bbb7.jpg

Hi @snow, The HDIS ad is in the Retail Me Not Everyday and although I threw most of it away already, it had maybe six or eight pages total and is on the next to last page. At least that's in the Orlando Sentinel. For other markets the ad may appear on another page. So do go get the Mormon paper (I would think they like a good deal too!) and check that out.
The front cover of Retail Me Not has a
"Start the school year with a clean routine" from Target. There's a picture of several brands of laundry detergent, including Tide and Gain and Downy.
And having worked in the newspaper business for many years, it's a shame to hear about how the "Salt Lake Tribune" has dwindled so much. The paper I used to work at (The News Chief) was absorbed into the larger paper (The Lakeland Ledger) in a neighboring city. That paper was owned by the New York Times for many years.

@Oh, I’m so sorry to hear you were part of one of my favorite industries that declined. How exciting. I love tangible, analog things. For instance, I *love* film strips. They exist. The image is composed of actual silver halide crystals that exist in time and space, exposed by light. They’re not stupid 1’s and 0’s that don’t exist and can’t be touched. I feel the same way about CDs vs. MP3s, records vs. CDs, printed vs. online newspapers. I love a good newspaper! I also love computers, but not as a substitute for a good newspaper or a C.D./MP3.

Okay, sorry, I’m way off-topic here with regard to incontinence. Sorry!

Shucks! My paper used to have RetailMeNot, and I also used to get them in my Wednesday mail. No more, sigh.

Hi @snow, I didn't know that the newspaper industry is one of your favorites! :cool: And by the way, it is okay to be off topic here. One thing I'm finding is the people on this forum all have fascinating backgrounds and interests. I think it's great. And without the Internet age we would never have known about each other. :O I spent most of my career at the paper in Winter Haven, had about 20,000 circulation and used to be an evening paper but then went to a morning pub. Frankly I preferred working the evening papers. You wrote up the news in the morning and later that afternoon you'd see the story in print. As a morning paper you had all day to get the story, write it up that evening and it would be in print the next morning. I started out in Winchester VA at an evening paper. Then it was on to Lansdale PA at another evening paper and had a somewhat circuitous career before ending up in Florida, where my parents lived at the time. I spent 16 years at Winter Haven. Among other things, I wrote a weekly column and worked in a couple of our bureaus in outlying towns. In my last bureau I competed with the Ledger (The N.Y. times paper) and frequently scooped the longtime reporter they had there! So I'm really pleased you appreciate a good newspaper and can see that is an art, albeit a vanishing one. I could tell you so many stories about it. Now who's off topic here!:D And yes, I do remember film strips as well as negatives from just plain old camera film!
If you would like to follow through on that HDIS ad, my post from yesterday has the number. I have it here: 1-800-403-3046. or go to www.tryhdis.com