Plastic pants

Archives1

Staff member
Curious if anyone used them. Are they good over disposable diapers? Are they hot to sleep in. How would you rate them?

I use them regularly. I get the softie kind from KINS products out of Canada. Sometimes I wear cloth diapers at night and they are a necessity in that situation, but years ago, I had to start wearing disposable diapers during the day and I found that the plastic pants add an extra sense of security. Now, I could never go without them. As far as them being too hot, on a hot summer night, I have rarely felt that, but most of the time, it’s not an issue for me. Hope this helps.

I’ve used Kins / Babykins products for a long time and have found them to be the best in reusable cloth diapers & plastic pants that I’ve found in 25+ years of 24/7 need. They have a variety of waterproof pants, I use the softies often during the day and the 1” waistband version at night. Some are 4-5 years old and still soft & pliable. I need these due to neurogenic bladder that likes to surprise me and explode all at once! They also came out with a Taffeta pant about two years ago that I usually wear over disposables. They are incredibly cool,soft & light I don’t know how hey do it, but again I have some over 2+ years that look, smell and feel like new. I’ve tried others, and knowing we’re all unique at 5’10-180lbs they fit great. If your on the line size-wise go with the larger.
Best of luck!

The Gary wear PUL pants work well. They are breathable material and don’t leak. If you wear them over disposable diaper put a pair of underwear on over the diaper to catch any leaks. The plastic pants will keep it contained.

I wear FuuBuu brand PUL pants over my disposables and have for a few years... no issues with sleeping at night and on warm days I wear cloth backed diapers to help cut back on heat retention.

If you are looking for a fuller/higher fitting PUL pant try the Leakmaster brand from Adult Cloth Diaper Company. They are the exact same quality as Gary PUL pants and even come in a side-snap version which is great for hot days as the side snap gaps provide a bit of ventilation.

Plastic pants are a necessity when wearing cloth diapers as they redirect the urine back into the diaper. On disposable diapers with out plastic backing, they do the same thing. On disposable diapers with a plastic backing, they help keep the diaper snug so it won't droop. There's numerous companies on line that sell plastic pants for ALL ages and sizes. I like Gary plastic pants, which are sold by many companies on line. Each company sets it own price, which can vary in price. I like fetware.com as my supplier. Great prices and superior customer service. Most prices among these suppliers,vary by only a few dollars. Pick the one you like best. Good luck.

I use them every night over my disposable and they are not that bad.
I currently use a clear soft vinyl pul pant from kins. Im curious to try the Gary wear diaper covers also, I've heard from a lot of forum members that they seal good and are comfortable.

I use the Gary Wear Active Fit pul pants over my disposables, they’re a trimmer fitting pul pant that is designed for use with disposables and they provide plenty of support and definitely help to limit diaper sag, and they also do a great job when it comes to containing leaks. Lately I’ve been able to get some great deals on them when buying them from Amazon.

You can find some side snap versions that allow some air to flow between the snaps but depends how much of a wetter you are. They are great at catching leaks at the seat area and protect you short term till you can get to a toilet and change. Good at protecting clothes. Drylife and Haian brands are good too

Side snap plastic pants will allow some ventilation, but are more likely to leak more than pull-on plastic ants.

One thing to keep in mind is, if you use any barrier cream that contains petroleum jelly, that jelly will quickly dry out the plastic pants so that they crack and tear more easily.

Polyurethane plastic pants are a bit more expensive, but they hold up better when they come in contact with vaseline and creams. I have a pair of polyurethane plastic pants that are several years old and they are still in great shape.

justej said:
I’m a fan of the garywear active. Just ordered another pair from Northshore the other day.

I will second the Garywear active I ordered a pair for travel and I was able to wear them the whole trip..